Northern Newbie

AlexBC

I just wanted to make a post and introduce myself. I'm a new rider in Smithers. I am hoping to do a lot of touring around the area. I typically tour in my Jeep and have done most of the trails in the area in it, but it's big and getting pricey on gas. The bike should be able to cover many more miles for far less. I would like to get out for a ride this Saturday if anyone else would like to join, please let me know. What are some good early season routes? I know Silvern lakes still has snow after the first switch back. <br><br>Thanks and I look forward to meeting some fellow riders in the area.

bchunter

Hey there!! Nice to have another Smithers rider!!

You are right, at this time of year the trails are minimal in the lower areas. I was thinking of heading out to the Telkwa Jackpine flats just to twist it up a bit. I was in Terrace a couple of weeks ago, and it is so nice to ride all the trails that they have there.

If you want to do a coffee one evening, shoot me a pm and we will see what we can work out. As for a ride this Saturday, I am out with family commitments, but I can usually sneek away for an evening rip. Even hitting the High Road with a coffee after is nice at this time of year.

Thanks for posting up!!!!!

:hb:

bchunter

Perfect. Wanna do a Wednesday evening rip? Let's say meet at 7:30 in the Cdn Tire parking lot then rip for a bit followed by a Tim Horton's coffee? We can take the High Road out to Telkwa and play in the flats out there or even keep it on the High Road. At least that way we are getting some dirt in the tires. What do you think??

Thanks a ton!!!

bchunter

Awesome!!! I will be the guy on the yellow Suzuki. See you and anyone else that wants to join in there!!