Nubee Work Parties 2014

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
I wonder why its called a "work party"? Not much in the way of a party, just the same the job must get done

I think we have made this event the 10th Annual now.

October 19 is just around the corner and a lot of work needs to be done to get this event off the ground.

We like everyone to participate but if there are volunteers that can help, please dont be shy.

Some details of the 2014 Nubbie ride
  • Starts and finishes from the Tamihi Staging Area
  • Presently the event is free but might request a small fee to cover costs
  • Overnight Camping available (for a cost)
  • Breakfast
  • Lunch
  • Adventure or C route
  • Hard route with some "Really Hard" Options

Adventure Route
Judy and ? will be developing the Adventure Route.
  • Suitable for the largest of Dual Sport Bikes
  • More Details to follow
  • Will call for volunteers when needed

B and A Routes
Neil, Tom, Mike, Peter will be developing the Hard Route "B" with really hard options "A"
  • Roll Charts for 2014
  • GPS for 2014
  • "B" Route is suitable for 400cc dual sport bikes, not recommended for Dual Sport bikes over 600cc (unless you know your abilities)
  • "A" Route option includes Parish Hill, only expert riders, if something goes wrong is a minimum 10k walk out
  • No plates but insurance required for Forest Service Roads
  • will call for volunteers when needed

Breakfast
  • no decision or volunteers yet

Lunch
  • no decision or volunteers yet

Sponsors
  • None at this time

Post questions here, I will update this post with information as we confirm the details

Thanks
T

tomcycle

Staff member
There will be some preliminary trail work for the Nubie Ride, Saturday and Sunday September 13-14

Saturday Mostly trail grooming, clearing debris off trail and cutting face slappers, B or hard loop

Sunday there will be a ride over the Parish Hill loop, build a bench at the first lookout, for us older riders that need a break. Also a little brush clearing. This is a good opportunity to try out this trail without the pressure of 20 guys behind you trying to pass. There is nothing better than a little trail clearing to learn the secrets of the right line.

If you can help just bring a good set of gloves

Will be at the Tamihi Staging Area for the weekend
TT

Cultusking

I would love to help but a few of us have some races to win in Kamloops this weekend. Ill try to make it out during the week and arrowing day

tomcycle

Staff member
There will be some preliminary trail work for the Nubie Ride, Saturday and Sunday September 13-14

Saturday Mostly trail grooming, clearing debris off trail and cutting face slappers, B or hard loop

Sunday there will be a ride over the Parish Hill loop, build a bench at the first lookout, for us older riders that need a break. Also a little brush clearing. This is a good opportunity to try out this trail without the pressure of 20 guys behind you trying to pass. There is nothing better than a little trail clearing to learn the secrets of the right line.

If you can help just bring a good set of gloves

Will be at the Tamihi Staging Area for the weekend
TT

Looks like this will be the weekend of no rain, camping should be nice too and not too hot.

Not much in the way of volunteers yet, but we usually get what we need, looks like saturday will be the workie day and sunday a little more riding.

tomcycle

Staff member
Right now Sunday is pretty open, so if we cant get organised we will just have to go riding

:bliss:

But I am pretty sure that Hawk will have some clever and cunning plan up his sleeve.

T

sylvain

"2018 Forest Fairies"
Right now Sunday is pretty open, so if we cant get organised we will just have to go riding

:bliss:

But I am pretty sure that Hawk will have some clever and cunning plan up his sleeve.

T

Kind of

Prisonlabor1.jpg

tomcycle

Staff member
I wonder if those uniforms come in yellow and black, judy can put DSBC on them and sell them to us?

LordEndo

Staff member
Sorry boys, year end and I'm stuck behind my desk this morning (guess that's better than under someone else's)........

tomcycle

Staff member
I can report that the entire B route is now clear of "face slappers" we also cleaned up the mud pit on railway and the exit of BVR.
Trails like Sno 250, railway, BVR windy knob and the connectors to these trails are completly brushed, these trails have never been so nice.

we will be having a small work party for skippy trail that will involve clearing a bunch of rocks along about 100 feet of the trail, should be easy and quick to clean up these section

TT

Fbomb

That sounds like a good name for the new trail (re yesterdays debate). By the way how about a race report, Reece.