Nubee Work Parties 2014

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
So where is the Tamihi Staging Area?

We at DSBC make the assumption that Adventure and Dual Sport riders are an independant bunch and don't want to be held by the hand, being spoon fed information. I am sorry for that, this is the nubee ride and we actually know that not everyone is up to speed on how things work, we spend too much time on the difficult details and forget about the simple ones.

Again I apologize, please think of the adventure already beginning, and you have to figure out where the Nubee Ride starts

Here is a hint to help you, let us know if this works out

Thanks TN

Go to Google Maps and search for [h=1]"Tamihi OHV Staging Area"[/h]If that does not work try
[h=1]"Tamihi Rapids, Chilliwack River, BC"[/h]
If you make it to Tamihi Rapids you are only .5 kms away, just wait and you will see the bikes heading in or you can follow the signs

You will see this sign just before you cross the Tamihi Rapids Bridge
Tamihi_Creek_Staging_Area_phixr_2_.jpg

Follow the dirt road for .7kms and you will see us on your left

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
That Tom, he's a smartalec sarcastic prick.
oh wait - thats me.
carry on / look away

rgmr250

We at DSBC make the assumption that Adventure and Dual Sport riders are an independant bunch and don't want to be held by the hand, being spoon fed information. I am sorry for that, this is the nubee ride and we actually know that not everyone is up to speed on how things work, we spend too much time on the difficult details and forget about the simple ones.

Again I apologize, please think of the adventure already beginning, and you have to figure out where the Nubee Ride starts

Here is a hint to help you, let us know if this works out

Thanks TN

Go to Google Maps and search for "Tamihi OHV Staging Area"

If that does not work try
"Tamihi Rapids, Chilliwack River, BC"

If you make it to Tamihi Rapids you are only .5 kms away, just wait and you will see the bikes heading in or you can follow the signs

You will see this sign just before you cross the Tamihi Rapids Bridge
Tamihi_Creek_Staging_Area_phixr_2_.jpg

Follow the dirt road for .7kms and you will see us on your left

Tom, I'm in the same boat. I ride the McNutt trails (mostly because I'm only 10 mins away), but have never been out to Tamihi. I would like to, but don't have a clue how to get there. Unfortunately, Google maps doesn't have a clue where either"Tamihi OHV Staging Area" or "Tamihi Rapids, Chilliwack River, BC" are. I did a bunch of other searches, but still couldn't find anything. Unfortunately, I've pretty much given up on figuring out where the staging area is. Considering it's a 'nubie' ride, you really should have a link to a concise page that describes exactly how to get there - I wouldn't think that you're very likely to get many 'new' nubies coming to the fall nubie ride if they have to struggle to figure out where they need to go. Also, this may seem pretty odd, but not everybody has a facebook page, and therefore not everybody can get into the DSBC facebook page to get further info. I'm really not trying to be an ass, just trying to point out something that those who frequent the Tamihi trails might find obvious, but those who never have (and aren't familiar with the Chilliwack area) might not.

Cultusking

Tom maybe add it as a "Google Places" via submission. They send a nice little postcard out with a code however no one would be there to receive it...............humm

Dorky

Now if you were to search for Loose Screw Dualsport in Google maps, you would find the correct site. Street view and all... (Hijack alert!!)