NW Riders is dead...

maDDtraPPer

Hello from anyone Tlell alive out there? I haven't riden in two years but thats changing tomorrow. Easter weekend on North Beach and East Beach on my Husaberg. Looking for Japanese junk. Anyone wants to ride in May let me know I'm game.

2Trider

Hello from anyone Tlell alive out there? I haven't riden in two years but thats changing tomorrow. Easter weekend on North Beach and East Beach on my Husaberg. Looking for Japanese junk. Anyone wants to ride in May let me know I'm game.

NICE....Was out there last Aug (with bikes) and Sept...amazing place being on the beach rolling on 2 wheels :clap:
Question can one ride from North beach To Tlell along the coast?

-insert photo standing on the tip of Rose spit looking back during low tide...WOW-
but to friggin difficult to load onto this site IMO

maDDtraPPer

I just returned from weekend ride. Did Agate Beach to Old Masset and back, you have to jump on and off the road in a few places, but only 2 hour trip. Today I set out just before low tide and did Agate Beach to Rose Spit and then down East Beach past Cape Ball to a stones throw from the Pesuta ship wreck which is at the mouth of the Tlell River. You can ride one way and cross the river but only at the lowest of tides. I did a fuel cache on Rose Spit and worked out perfect with my small tank. It was a blast. I have lots of pictures as well. There are 3 river crossings to contend with and after heavy rains forget it, but otherwise a good low tide and your fine. I messed around a bit long on the Cape Ball stretch (it's amazing there) and ended up hitting the last river a bit to late. But if you hit the river fast enough you end up on the far bank with a stalled bike and pray that you get it going again.

bchunter

So when you hit the Pesuta, is the only way to complete the loop is to cross the Tlell on a super low tide, or is there another way out. I have Google Earth'ed it a couple times and have been there, but was thinking of how to complete the North Beach to Tlell loop.

Thanks a ton.

And not quite dead here, a few souls still remaining :hb:

maDDtraPPer

Yes you have to go upstream on the north side of the river to a certain point on the river it's easy to find but you have to line it up just right and there's one big rock under the water that gets a lot of guys. I usually spray my bike down before each trip with an LPS3 and dielectric grease all my electrical stuff so nothing shorts out and then blast it down to nothing when I finish and start over again. Otherwise you end up with trouble which you don't need at Cape Ball. Cape Ball is also a place that there is a small window of opportunity to get by only at low tide.
There is an old private road going back pretty close to the north side of the river. I was down it on my 650 once not to be repeated but I could go in therer and spend a day with my small saw and make a secret trail, but not sure what the end of the trail would be like I might hike in there this week and see would be nice to not have to depend on a really low tide.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152697052930554.1073741826.570555553&type=1&l=3bd18df4a2

bchunter

Hmmmmmm, sounds like a trip for next year, eh 2T?

2013 - Loose Screw
2014 - Charlottes

Sounds like fun :hb: