off on a road test of my new Anlas front tire. To Inuvik and back should do it.

04klr

thx for that.
Reese it may be time for that coffee.

I was a late add to a group headed to Inuvik and with the bike theoretically prepped for another trip all I needed was tires. Due to availability and time constraints I ended up with a front Anlas Capra 90/90/21 tire and a Kenda K270 rear to be installed in Whitehorse, hopefully..

The inevitable "before" picture.

P1170506.JPG

Mark and myself headed out on time (we waited for you) with a mission of (New) Hazelton 950k away which would set us up well for a rendezvous with the 4 others somewhere along the Cassiar Hwy. the next day. First impression with Anlas was a crazy amount of turn-in compared to the much cheaper and open knobbed K270. The Anlas feels smoother and being a 90/90 was much more planted, at least on pavement.
On a sunny clear sky day in Williams Lake, the klR looks muy pequino compared to the 1190R.

P1170507.JPG

P1170515.JPG

there was a little road construction west of PF'nG thankfully not much stop time.

P1170519.JPG

Arrived In Hazelton to catch the last of the evening sun and grabbed a room at Robbers Roost where all bikers receive a complimentary beverage, thank you very much. Nice folks good rooms and much better than setting camp in the dark.

P1170526.JPG

Our breakfast spot really had their business pick up after they changed the name of the place.

P1170527.JPG

The start of the Stuart Cassiar and the first thousand K's on the Anlas. Most of the center little rubber nubby things are still intact.

P1170530.JPG

P1170561.JPG

The chase was now on to catch the boys, who are it would turn out approx. 20 mins ahead of us, the meet up is Bell II. I have said before that the cassiar is the most scenic hwy in BC and with the exception of the butt ugly hydro towers (which there are zero pictures of), it still is.

P1170596.JPG

P1170598.JPG

The first of two bird hits. ouch.

("pull up Jimmy! pull up!!")

P1170588.JPG

The rider count is now 6 with the meet-up with Roggy Les Jeff and Ryan.
Four long legged kTm's a strom 1000, and Rodney, a bike that Mark keeps saying sounds like it's only running on one cylinder.

Headed north towards Dease Lake on a cool day that was starting to get colder and wetter, we racked up some miles. Up ahead I saw this big guy and just eased the throttle and stayed steady so not to spook the bear as the whole group is just behind me, and the bear stood still. What I didn't see was that Mark had slowed and as the bear posed for a picture, Ryan blasted past between the two and off went the bear.

P11706611.JPG

The day turned south as we went north and as we arrived in Dease Lake for fuel we had just finished passing thru what was trying to be, snow. The layers of clothing and hotted up grips and vests made for an easy decision of staying the night and calling the day a little early.
More than a few riders called it a night here. In this pic. can you spot the sheep in wolfs clothing?

Panorama_130.JPG

a little closer, whats this, a klr under a cover huddled among the Bmw's.

P1170654.JPG

closer yet. The cover proves to be a "cutequeen" fly from a tent, not a bike cover at all, makes sense now.

P1170648.JPG

Panorama_229.JPG

The weather in the morning was just fine, a bit cloudy but was supposed to soon get better. Taking advantage of the rare moment that I was first to get ready, I scooted off a good jump ahead of the pack that would soon enuf track me down.
Just over a half hour later, the led eyes of the first Austrian dog appeared on the horizon in my mirror. The chase was ending.

P1170662.JPG

yeah, whatever.

P1170700.JPG

the three bears.

P1170709.JPG

no, they certainly are not.

P1170710.JPG

P1170713.JPG

P1170715.JPG

P1170716.JPG

the temp kept rising with now fully clear skies.

P1170750.JPG

Jeff on his 640.

P1170774.JPG

Roggy kept complaining of spotty tv reception.

P1170783.JPG

Mark figured the bike should be named KilLeR, and later that day it was likely accurate as evidenced by the feathers on the front wheel.

P1170765.JPG

Taking a break to remove layers at Boya lake, last nights planned camp spot. Certainly nice today.

Panorama_314.JPG

Panorama_414.JPG

Les, Jeff, Ryan, Mark, Roggy (sp?), Wayne.
and some gas cans.

P1170794.JPG

might as well stop today's post here at the Yukon border a tick over a day and a half from Kamloops. Next off to whitehorse then dawson, for the shortest night of the year.

thx fer lookin.

Last edited:

04klr

A short ride later into the Yukon we arrived in Watson Lake and stopped for some photos at the sign forest then lunch.

hmm mixed messages, cookies and obey jesus

P1170811.JPG

the Merritt boys posing in front of their sign.

P1170818.JPG

the nice thick chunk of aluminium "OC riders" sign should last awhile

P1170819.JPG

P1170827.JPG

P1170837.JPG

and still a long ways from Whitehorse.

P1170838.JPG

Panorama_342.JPG

P1170866.JPG

2 thou kms and no visible wear at the Teslin bridge.

P1170930.JPG

P1170917.JPG

sandy bits as we rode thru carcross on the way to whitehorse.

P1170955.JPG

at close to 12;30am after Ryan finished getting the gunk out of his fuel tank and unclogging the filter.

P1170968.JPG

the boys headed off to the states for the trip from skagway to haines which left me to change the bald tire for a new one, then make camp for the night.
P1170983.JPG

now thats getting the most out of a tire.

P1170985.JPG

with the day to myself I wandered around to take some tourist pics.

P1170994.JPG

P1180008.JPG

Panorama_1210.JPG

three story condo in whitehorse.

P1180012.JPG

broke camp the next day and was off to Dawson city. Would have another night to myself before the group gets back good time for more pics. This camera crew was shooting for the Yukon Gold "reality" show. It appeared they were lashing an emergency rope to the loader and to the powered barge beached on the shore, though it appeared the barge would actually need assistance to get off of the beach the rope was pure television.

P1180023.JPG

P1180025.JPG

next day was off to the top of the world hwy and over to chicken to meet up with the boys. This road is perfectly named as it really seems to be on the top of the world.

P1180037.JPG

P1180051.JPG

this was the first chance to have the Anlas tire in the dirt and it certainly didn't disappoint. Deliberate attempts to make the front end get out of shape was easily corrected with a little throttle and countersteer.

P1180132.JPG

In case you forget you are in chicken there is a 50 foot tall, chicken.

P1180113.JPG

the chicken creek cafe has really terrific food! and lots of baked goods a nice surprise in the middle of nowhere.

Panorama_156.JPG

P1180105.JPG

nice to have company with lunch.

P1180111.JPG

the chickenstock stage supported by 2 ex military trucks.
P1180119.JPG

after regrouping with the 4 others I arrived back in Dawson first and had the good timing to arrive just after a terrific storm. The streets were flooded and the hail had whitened the hills.

Panorama_206.JPG

P1180196.JPG

original bldgs. settling into the permafrost.

P1180192.JPG

It aint easy being green? the greenest Kawasaki you are likely ever to see.

P1180198.JPG

as the boys had camped in the rain the night before all the tents were laid out to dry at the Bunkhouse.

P1180200.JPG

Diamond toothed gerties on the longest day shortest night of the year.

P1180207.JPG

there was a shuttle running up and down to "the dome" where you could watch the sun fall and kiss the horizon before heading back up again. This is 2am.

P1180239.JPG

the rig that was hauling this hack was a one of homebuilt Hummer looking truck that was actually a toyota with a camper unit built on the back, the bmw hack got its own trailer.

P1180247.JPG

and the dog gets his own seat.

P1180246.JPG

P1180284.JPG

Panorama_2112.JPG

at almost 4 am, luckily tomorrow, I mean today is a day off.

P1180306.JPG

P1180319.JPG

P1180327.JPG

we had heard that the Dempster had been closed due to fires, and this fire was burning just out of town. The best plan was to leave early in the day to get past the fires (presuming the road is open) before they flare up in the midday.

P1180313.JPG

The Merritt boys had a plan to only go as far as Eagle Plains tomorrow with Mark and myself planning on running all the way to Inuvik. Getting an early 730 start we waved bye to the boys, and would not see them again for the duration of the trip. By the time they arrived at the fire zone the road was closed and we were long gone.
Next post the dempster, Keno sign post and more.

thx fer lookin.

Last edited:

LordEndo

Staff member
I just managed to upload some - something has changed with the forum and the old way of uploading pics to your profile albums doesn't seem to work. I went into the photo gallery, my albums, created an album, and uploaded pics to it. From there you can get the embed code for your post. I am however now having the line feed issues which is new to me.

filterx

Using either the album or managing attachments in a post or reply, all I get is this and thing up up the blue question mark just keeps spinning for ever. Photobucket just changed there hosting so I've dumped them and signed up for FREE at https://imgbb.com/ and you can post HTML IMG links directly into a post or reply like this.
Clipboard01.jpg

Dorky

You can still add images using raw code. If you bracket the URL with "
" at the back, it will post the image. For example, the image here is posted with "
url] and "
" at the back(without the quotes)
D2WENAH.jpg
. This is a picture from this year's Loose Screw C+.Of course I still have the run on sentence, no CR/LF problem...

04klr

(I'm having no issues uploading pics. to the dsbc site. I'm having total issues with actually replying to a thread at all. Hit any sort of reply button and you go nowhere. I have to reply directly into the quick reply text area, then I can post and have it sent. sentences, spaces.and returns.but.no post dsbc to dsbc, and there's a lot there already. The make an album idea won't work, as the problem remains the same.) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And after some closing in on 12,ooo kms. the Anlas Capra continues to surprise me. So much better of an overall tire than I've run in a long time. While you might not want to offroad baja with one, you could take this tire well offroad and as discovered last weekend, airing them down can make a huge difference in the loose stuff. great tire. When a replacement is due, which isn't for awhile it will likely be for a set of Anlas tires. Which might lead to a rear tire report.thx fer lookin, will try later one day to figure the pics again.ok, maybe having the spacing issue now too.

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
FYI. The run on sentence can be fixed by adding the following after each paragraph minus the spaces.

< br >< br >

Bora20

Administrator
Pix can be shown by adding the following around the picture minus the spaces [ img ] picture. jpg [ /img ]

04klr

runon sentences can be fixed with,,,,,,,,,,,,and the adding of all the computer lingo each and every time for a mess of pictures is a non starter for me.,,,,,,,,,,After years of reading of people having loading issues of one thing or another the site always worked fine for me. After thousands of posted pics. and multiple long winded reports, at this point I'm done.,,,,,,,,,,Will still be here to chime in with nonsense here and there and I still (surprisingly) have a brand new Horng Fortune tire for sale.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Later.,,,Wayne

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Mr Wayne, your frustrations are not going unheard. Finding a solution is harder than what you would think.T

tomcycle

Staff member
Mr o4 I am glad to see your photos in your posts made it over to the new site, it was something that we talked a lot about as we were told they would be' lost links" and wrong format etc etc. However you will have to learn how to insert pictures all over again for this new software. I know its been a slow process and seems like we are moving at a snail's pace, but we will get there yet

1256208769bdf7349c4c62dc6008e66b--how-to-be-just-be.jpg

Tom

04klr

Hey Tom, it's looking like all the hard work of site reformatting is coming together, big job. thx.
I am being told that I can't (yet) upload jpg, which is true, because I can't. yet.
perhaps I need to use a 3rd party host?

Last edited:

04klr

this is one of the four available pics in my albums, and now that I've figured the sizing, I cant delete the thumbnail. next time.

Last edited:

tomcycle

Staff member
this is one of the four available pics in my albums, and now that I've figured the sizing, I cant delete the thumbnail. next time.

I will take a look to see why you cant edit your posts, I know this was a problem with the old software and hopefully we can get this solved T