Official 2013 Routlegde Run Thread.

Metylhoundz

Hey, Hey, Hey Folks! The 2013 GVMC Routledge Run is gearing up!
<O:p</O:p
For a measly $60, it gets you the ride, Dinner Saturday night, a t-shirt and Breakfast Sunday Morning.
We are heading to Lillooet this year and just in time for the Apricot Tsaqwem Festival.
Lillooet will be blocking off the streets, holding a beer garden and have live bands play music. Woo Hoo!

So here is what ya do...
1)
Go to www.gvmc to pay and register for the ride. Be careful to follow instructions so you get the form submitted and you also fill out the application
2) Send an e-mail to [email protected] and tell us your shirt size and Ladies or Mens. (we try)
3) Call the Mile O hotel Toll Free 1-888-766-4530and reserve your room.
But do it soon because Apricot Festival weekend is very busy in Lillooet.

All Dualsport riders (big bike adventure touring and small bikes) will leave the Agassiz area Saturday at 7:30 Am and arrive in Lillooet later that day.<O:p</O:p

We will truck your gear up so have it brought to our clubhouse (306-9785-192 St Surrey) the Tuesday before the run (July 16, 2013) or we will pick up in Agassiz on the Saturday morning. (possibly the Pathfinder campground)

Sunday you will be greeted with a nice breakfast at a local restaurant (and possibly a massive hang-over ) before the scenic ride home.
We have some routes you haven’t seen in a while and few old familiar ones.<O:p</O:p

If you have any questions, please contact Wes by text or phone at 604-857-4880.

Road riders will recieve a seperate route and start at the GVMC clubhouse at 7:30 Am.

Here is the list of Crazies:<O:p</O:p

Wes J
Donna S.
Randy H. (thanks for putting us in contact with the local Chamber up there)

Last edited:

Proudman

Been known to fly
So is this a road ride, or can we expect some off-road?
I have not ridden this route for years, but I recall it as being very beautiful.
I would also be more interested in camping.

Metylhoundz

Anyone done the east harrison to boston bar yet this year?

Anyone done the east harrison to boston bar yet this year?

The C route we rode last year in/around Princeton was all offroad, and epic (with the C+ extras) !
Hopefully the offroad gods will again smile upon us :)

Yup, purely epic again this year. There will be some road sections since it cannot be avoided. popular trails and scenery.

SO, Anyone done the east harrison to boston bar yet this year? Is it open? I am preriding late june early July if anyone wants to tag along. Possibly first sat in July, the 6th. After the long weekend.

Just4Fun

I'm working in Lillooet right now and just bought a plated 94 ct 70 and was wondering if there were any mini classes? If not I could bring the dl650.

I think the ct70 is the quintessential do-all-sport in my mind lol

Metylhoundz

Closing registration for the routledge run July 2nd 2013. After that no guarantees on t-shirts, but you can still join the ride up until July 16th. Accomodation will be your own responsibility. Mile 0 was taking bookings at the last I spoke to them.[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Toll Free 1-888-766-4530[/FONT]
Pre-ride July 6th weekend. Anyone been thru East Harrison to the kookipi to nahatlatch yet?
Bring your overnight gear to the clubhouse by the 16th or we will have a pick-up at the Pathfinder. You must book your own accomodation Friday night at the pathfinder. (604) 796-9345. Will need to know who is staying there and leaving gear. A quick e-mail to [email protected] will tell me.

Buddie

-------> "I'm working in Lillooet right now and just bought a plated 94 ct 70 and was wondering if there were any mini classes? If not I could bring the dl650.

I think the ct70 is the quintessential do-all-sport in my mind lol"<-----

It's a great idea! You could cary it over the snow if it's too deep or throw it on the back of another bike if it breaks!

I'd love to see it clear a log........................even better 2 up with luggage!

Last edited:

Just4Fun

-------> It's a great idea! You could cary it over the snow if it's too deep or throw it on the back of another bike if it breaks!

I'd love to see it clear a log........................even better 2 up with luggage!

Sounds like you lost your sense of humor and yes you could carry it over the snow but as for breaking. . . . . . . . IT'S A FREAKING HONDA.

Doubt I could carry much luggage on the 70 let alone a passenger since I'm 6'4" and 210lbs, my 5'3" wife would have to sit on my lap lol.

Anyway I look forward to seeing the circus when ya'll come to town

Buddie

That's the trouble with text, you cant get the real tone of what someone is saying. I love those things and I was just joking around.
I actually would like to see someone take that bike through there. Yes it would only break if it was crushed on some rocks, it is a Honda. They are nearly the only bikes that are still running from the 70's and 80's.

KTM-Bryon

I waited until the last day to get a shirt but I am signed up now. Large shirt please and oh ya, I have a BCORMA Trail Pass but I paid the $60...

So who's going on the DS route?

Last edited:

Just4Fun

Rode up through the big bar ferry to Clinton and back last night after work and it turned out to be more than I expected. Looked like a short loop on the map and ended up being 160km of gravel and 120km of pavement in about 5 hrs. In hind sight I should have brought more than a few beverages and a couple bc cigarettes. Almost lost it climbing up from the ferry in a couple sand pockets hiding in the shadows, can't wait to get rid of my worn out tkc80's and get my new hiednau's on. Bottom line is this is an amazing route with spectacular scenery if you bike has the fuel range to do it.

Just4Fun

showfull.php
Trying to insert pics but not working

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Hows that for inserting a picture?

Quick Instructions For Inserting Pictures

1 Make sure the picture is somewhere on the internet (IE some photogallery like http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/ )

2 Hover mouse over image, right click and select "Copy Image"

3 Go to your post, Make sure your reply Editor box is in "WYSIWYG Mode" (not "Source Mode") This can be toggled with the left hand most button at the top of the reply editor it looks something like A/A

4 Put flashing cursor in the location where you want your picture to be inserted in your post

5 Right click mouse and select "Paste"

You should see your picture in you post. No code, not http stuff, just keep on typing your story

Tom

IMG_00811.JPG

Randual

So who's going on the DS route?[/QUOTE]

Hi there
I'm going with my KLR650 and WayneS is coming on his DRZ400... I don't reconize the names of the others... but look forward to meeting at the campsite, and getting on the trail!
should be a fun time!
Randy

Randual

Thanks GVMC and Wes for organizing this great ride... It was a lot of fun!
Also thanks to all the rest of the riders in our group... smaller than last year, but a good group!
I had a Blast!!
R