Oregon dunes trip

T

t-bone650

I am looking at organising some accommodations for the Spring trip to the dunes I have come come up with some dates based around leaving here Friday night coming home Sunday night and staying if possible inhoneyman St park.We can ride straight from the campsite out onto the sand at honeyman that will save loading and unloading,I have ridden this area before and highly recommend a trip down.

these are the dates Feb 25th-27th

March 4th-6th

March 11th-13th

I know these dates are early in the year but the dunes and particularly this campsite are popular,I think a Yurt would be favorite if available,as soon as I know the dates I will get on the phone.

Andy

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Thanks for the post / plan Andrew.

The annual mud-fest at Herrling is slated for March 6th I believe, so perhaps we should avoid that weekend, but each of the three weekends you offer are okay by me.

I'm shopping for a sand paddle right now.

Sharing a yurt with you & Bill? Egads!

DRuZer

imported post

imported post

Yeah!
I want in! Hope I'm not too late. Sorry to be so slow to reply.

Hey Mark - how much for a paddle tire? I'm going to need it.
Cheers
Guy

T

t-bone650

imported post

imported post

good job Guy,I spoke to peter Gtonight he is interested too,sounds like we have road trip.!

racinray

imported post

imported post

try oregon dunes koa campsite it is my favorite ride out of camp into the dunes you will also need flags if dune riding you can get them there if tenting this time of year you will need 4 season gear. rv is youre best bet . also watch youre jetting sand robs a lot of power you will be mid to full throttle most of the time bring xtra fuel. just a few things to prep for.you will have a blast loads of fun .:hb:

Mechanic

imported post

imported post

Make sure your chain is good as well. It'll be shagged aftera weekend ofsand.

What's the beach like - Hard packed? Remember the final scene in "On any Sunday" ........Nirvana :hb:Biking is good, blasting down a beach is the best.

G

imported post

imported post

A week riding in Vegas and the chain was still ok. Cleaned with kerosene at the end of each day. Kersosene has a small amount of lubricant in it.

T

t-bone650

imported post

imported post

Booked one 2 room"Kabin"at dunes KOA Kampgroundfor thenights of March 11,12th. sleeps 6 $57 per night +$2 per person over 2 kampers,no smoking and no pets or farm animals.

definates are.

Andy

Mark

Guy

Bill

John

Rocke?

T

t-bone650

imported post

imported post

Rocke jump in,the KX probably is the weapon of choice I am planning to be off road the whole time,I will be running a padle tire I dont think that will go downhwy 101 anyway?

Andy

p.s.I can take 4 in my truck and tow a trailer if need be?

T

t-bone650

imported post

imported post

Its timeto hash out the details for our Oregon trip.

Confirmed participants are:

Andy,Mark,Guy,Bill,John,Guy&Tom ,departingearly afternoonThursday 10threturning Sunday 13th evening.Our accommodation is booked in thekoa campground for 1 cabin that sleeps six I will book a second if all the above are defiantly coming.Any changes to the above please let me know.I will be able to take two bikes in my trailer four guysin the truck and haul our gear.We could do a tire change an check out Tillamook OHV park on the way back a few of the trails are still open?

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

[align=center]
Sound Limits in the Dunes National Recreation Area

[/align]
What’s the sound limit at the Oregon Dunes?
Vehicles operating at the Oregon Dunes NRA must be 93dB or less.

Have Your Vehicle Checked!
You can request a sound test before riding, call ahead to schedule an appointment with the Oregon Dunes Sound Crew.

The Sound Test…
As defined by state and federal law, vehicle sound is measured by a decibel meter 20 inches and 45 degrees for the exhaust outlet. ATVs and motorcycles are tested at 50% of the manufacture’s RPM recommendation. Class II vehicles are tested at 75% of the engine’s maximum RPM.

Decibel outputs based in 2001 data collected during monitoring and law enforcement stops.

What Works...
Stock is (almost) always best! (Honda 250R) We recommend that you operate with your vehicle’s stock pipe and muffler and maintain it in good working condition. Regardless of what you purchase for your ATV, you are still responsible for ensuring that it meets the requirements of the law. Not all mufflers will work the same on all OHV’s. Since results vary with modifications, along with vehicle care and maintenance, we cannot guarantee that these mufflers will work on your particular ATV

[align=center]
U.S. Forest Service Oregon Dunes NRA
855 Highway 101
Reedsport, OR
(541) 271-3611
[/align]

G

imported post

imported post

skidmark43 wrote:
call ahead to schedule an appointment ....

You bringing your own broom and dustpan?:p

btw. At the risk of sounding semi-organized, maybe we should make up a list of stuff we should bring instead of having 7 or 8 huge coolers there?

So, I can bring my fairly large cooler. Do we need 1 more? I can also bring some cut up rags and a litre of kerosene. This works great after each day for cleaning the sand out of your chain. I assume everyone is bringing and extra tube or 2? Tire irons. Anyone got one really good set instead of us all bringing tire irons? Or do we have to borrow John J's skookum titanium ones?:p Electric tire pump? Bring mine or someone else going to bring theirs? WD-40 or some other lube for changing tires? Hand cleaner? I've got a litre size Fast Orange. EARPLUGS are a must to help muffle the snoring!!!!!!!!

Inflatable dolls? Mark, you bringing yours?

T

t-bone650

imported post

imported post

I would like to call a meeting at"Jimmy macs" on Wednesday evening to finalise the trip?

BTW,as to 93db I took a quiet core for my pipe with me last time I went down, then took it out when I saw/heard what everyone else was running.!I guess we shouldtake the appropriate precautions.!

T

t-bone650

imported post

imported post

Oregon trip arrangements are as follows:

Meet at Toms place Thursdayevening around 6-7:00pmto load bikes and gearI will tow the 4 bike trailer our gear and 2 riders Tom will tow 2 bikes and riders

Depart 3amFriday morning arrive florencemidday?

leave midday Sunday .

I cant rent another Kabinso the six of us are sorted if anyone else shows they will have to sort something out for themselves maybe there will be a cancellation?,the Kabin has 4 bunks and one double bed Bill has alreadyrequested a spot in the double are the any volunteers to keep him company?

Things to bring,gas cans,bedding,bike registration,I.D.for border crossing,personal tools,spare tire?I don`t think we will have time to get to Tillamook and ride on Sunday plus only one loop in open right now.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

More pictures posted today

Click on photo to seemore fun:spl: