Question for the Kamloops brethren

TW_rider

Just like I do every winter...I'm browsing Google Earth and looking for some neat rides while we are camping in various areas this year.
I've found a route from the North side of town....all the way to Fatox lake near the Vidette Gold mine...sweet!
I'm just curious if there's a road that runs along the North side of Kamloops lake...say from Copper Creek to Savona.

Not one that take me 20 miles into the bush...it looks like there may be one along the lakeshore beside the RR tracks.

Is there?

Remember...I'm a "2-up" C rider...

RocketMan

Just like I do every winter...I'm browsing Google Earth and looking for some neat rides while we are camping in various areas this year.
I've found a route from the North side of town....all the way to Fatox lake near the Vidette Gold mine...sweet!
I'm just curious if there's a road that runs along the North side of Kamloops lake...say from Copper Creek to Savona.

Not one that take me 20 miles into the bush...it looks like there may be one along the lakeshore beside the RR tracks.

Is there?

Remember...I'm a "2-up" C rider...

No road,but there is a dirtbike trail.

prime

There's an Atv trail that connects from red plateau fsr and meets up just south of red lake. Haven't done it myself but met a guy at red lake that took it a couple years back. Also a branch from Frederick that meets up with it as well. It is on the bc back roads GPS mapping.

cactusreid

tw,the lakeshore trail does not go through from the kamloops /east end of the lake all the way to savona/west end. There is a 3 or 4 km gap at the copper creek area, that is not passable,and there is some private land with an ornery owner right at the copper creek area as well. there are a couple of trails that go up from the frederick area, but none that i have found would be remotely considered 2 up/c rider type of trails. For the C option,go up the tranquile valley road and then there are a few options to get over the top of the plateau and west to savona or the deadman valley. there is a reasonably decent 2 track from copper creek to savona,it's the sabiston creek fsr as far as i recall. Fun area with some good views around that area, enjoy your travels.

Flyman

Come spring I would be glad to show you the roads and trails we have found in that area, and more.
We have found from very easy, to OH MY GOD!