98.4 KB · Views: 0
  • New Hazelton-20110927-00119.jpg
    New Hazelton-20110927-00119.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Bulkley-Nechako A-20110927-00120.jpg
    Bulkley-Nechako A-20110927-00120.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0

Kitimat KLR

Did you go looking for it...or did it find you?
I'm sure you enjoyed it ...at least it extends the riding season for you!

2Trider

Went up 9 mile to play in it and yes I enjoyed it immensely...so did bchunter from his arm chair receiving the play by play... :)

Maybe something will get studded this winter...hummmm.

bchunter

Hey Dr. I am riding a 1991 Suzuki TS 200.

And the tires that I got are from a buddies dad who races on the ice circuit in the interior (PG to Kamloops). They were his pair from a couple years ago as he gets a new set every season. They are ice studs, not road studs, so I will be restricted to ice riding in one form or the other. A -10 morning yesterday and a -5 morning today is a great start. There are a couple of guys here in the Smithers area that are hoping to get some form of ice riding going this year. It would be lots of fun if we could get it to work.

Let me know if you are coming this way and we can get a coffee in.

2Trider

-10 / -5 mornings.....bloody cold down there...has barely hit the freeze mark here.
A couple of us may just screw in the short studs into some fresh knobbies and go play cheap instead of the long studs and liners

bchunter

That was my plan as well until I got these tires for what the price of just studs would have cost me. I figured I could not go wrong for a studded, lined tire.

Oh ya, and it snowed for 15 minutes here today. Time to wear some long johns under the pants :dude:

Smokin Sam

We were looking at bringing in a couple thousand shorties. I think they went about $100/1000 or less. The big question is; trail stud" or "oval stud" and how do you want to ride? I like the trail version on my CR250 so I can go right or left and actually use the brakes. We used trail style for the numb bum cuz it was that kind of track.

Last edited:
O

old trials guy

Just make sure anyone behind you has good googles or some form of eye protection. Studs or screws were banned from enduro competition years ago over concerns with studs launching out of spinning tires and doing damage to other riders. Notice the big fenders on this rig for safety reasons......otg

motorcycle-ice-racing-franz-zorn.jpg

2Trider

We were looking at bringing in a couple thousand shorties. I think they went about $100/1000 or less. The big question is; trail stud" or "oval stud" and how do you want to ride? I like the trail version on my CR250 so I can go right or left and actually use the brakes. We used trail style for the numb bum cuz it was that kind of track.
trail version....reserve me some Sam as well as a dunlop 952

drbike

I am into some spikes and rubber.....reminds me of the old days,ahh, to be young again. I am sure that Dan or Sam could get us what we need. I ordered up some Mitas for Ingrid but have Kendas K335 planned for the Russian lady. I was thinking some standard studs may be fine for my needs.

Went up to the ski hill this afternoon, just a skiff of snow but I am sure the real stuff is coming soon.

Hey Mr BC I thought you were going Orange!

bchunter

I was until Mr. Budget brought me back to yellow and blue :p

Would still love to get an orange bike one day, but will have to save up the $$$ for one and gain a bit more experience so it does not kill me.

drbike

I was at NorDan today picking up some Ice tires for the Russian, and was yakking. Dan was wondering how much interest there would be in a winter race, program. Now that there is a Smithers track and all that it gives the young and old a chance to play in the winter snow.

SO HOW MUCH INTEREST IS THERE?

bchunter

I am interested, but not on a full time basis. I will come and ride as much as I can, but could not commit to a full year. If there is a $$ for maintaining a track, I will chip in for sure. I will ask around as well to others that are not on this forum. There is one fellow I ride with that will be in as well and I think he even said that there were others.

If you build it they will come ...............

:hf:

2Trider

If you build it they will come.....does work ..hehe

oh yah I ran a Ice racing program for a few years with the local club in Ontario....and have a 30 min segment of TV coverage which was very cool.