Ready for winter

2Trider

Just start doing it.....pick a day ...a few bikes ...something to plow a oval or road course at ? location and have at it for fun.
only if a bunch of people are serious could one justify a "racing" event and that would have to be done on land and not a lake for insurance reasons(unless things have changed recently)

bchunter

That is how we have done it in a past, minus the plowing of the track. We usually just waited for a day where the wind blew the snow off the ice, or even a thaw and freeze event to make the ice smooth, then go if we can. If we can find someone who is willing to plow, then that will be the cat's buttocks. I have a friend in Haz that has offered to plow on Ross Lake.

The way I see it, any lake between Houston and Hazelton that we can play on will be a fun day. If possible, we should try to make it a family event with hot dog roast, hot chocolate, ect, ect. The more the better. Start small with a fun day of bikes on the ice and see where it goes ........

drbike

Well Jim get a phone list started. We have a horse track in Houston that may be suitable? I know nothing? I don't know why but I thought for sure this sort of thing was always done on lakes.

SO SPREAD THE WORD

Smokin Sam

You don't want to run studs on anything but glare ice! ANY LITTLE BIT of gravel kinda screws the studs. Almost zero chance of a "race" but a fun day is good. I really like to run the "trail" style of studding so I can turn both ways like they do at the "Numb Bum" event in Feb. Oval "racing" is a little too aggressive for my geriatric riding style.

I'd be willing to keep a list of people to call at Eyecandy.

bchunter

Looking good, looking good ..........

I plan on running these oval tires until they are pretty much done then I will switch to some trail studs to expand my horizons :hf:

Let's think some cold thoughts and get this ball rolling :woohoo: