Red Rose?

sparklr

Funny you should mention this as 2T and I were yakking about tackling this just a few days ago. The last attempt klrnorth and I made was after doing the Telkwa Pass and a roadie back from Telkwa. We were fairly tired but gave it a peek anyhow and made to the one obstacle that I didn't find overly Big bike (Pig) friendly and was a little skeptical about being able to safely make it back even if we did get through. This is the spot where an unfortunate soul lost their life on an ATV rollover. Witnessing a group of ATV'rs on their return trying to get over the hump looked sketchy to me and we, mostly I thought better of it and opted to call it a day. I'd say we had made it around half way or better. Up to that point the trail itself was grassy and slick and required some rock garden and mud bogging technique. Bear in mind that it had been a long day already and evening was falling on us, and we had no idea of what was to come. The ATV'rs suggested we would have to maybe hike part of it, but what do they know.

That being said though, if a group substantial enough was mustered to help get past any nasties and we took an early start to accommodate for different paces and abilities, it would most certainly be well worth it. The plan would have to include some tools for trail work. Having at least 4 people would be ideal as 2T doesn't plan on helping the soldiers as he wants to film the follies.:Stir

End of June/early July sounds good. 2T needs to get his steed back together and my new skins will probably take a few weeks to get here. Hopefully we can get this done during a dry spell, thus the trail wouldn't be so greasy. Anyhow I'm on board for this one rain or shine. :clap:

bchunter

Just let me know the date and I will try to make it so. That would be a good workout for me and the doc.

2Trider

Red Rose

Red Rose

I am going to take a run up there today this aft. With the trials bike ...want to video the run up

This morning will take a run up Rocher from New Town on the trials bike and see how far I can get.....with video going

Will get some video posted hopefully in the next couple of weeks.....Mika has the first 16 gig that I took

Leaving for Ontario on the 23 be back by the 10th .....that be the plan.

2Trider

Cool .....my KTM300 won't feel so lonely now.
let me know when you want to get it dirty and I will also bring the gopro to film yah.
richardktm300atyahoodotca

Also want to go up the Comeau rd side

and get a plate for it.......lol...shhhhhh

olija

So, did any of you guys actually ever check the rest of the trail out? I've heard it's supposed to be pretty sweet, and I love exploring!

bchunter

I know 2T (2Trider) made it up there once if not a couple of times last year with his Sherco, but I never got up there. At the time my steed was a GS 1150, and that would have just been plain dumb, kinda like dump bear dumb. He will be more then happy to take you as far as you and the DR are willing to push it.

It looks sooooo sweet, and is on my list of places to go. Heck, all I have right now for transportation is hiking boots and I am am sure that they will get me there :hf:

AlexBC

I'd love to join on another DR. How much snow is there right now?

****Awe crap. Just realized this thread is ancient.

Last edited:

2Trider

Lots of snow there still....figure end of June before being able to get to the top.....so Alex what is your true ability cause you will need it all....I will await bchunters report:p

This video starts off just below but half way up the mountain at Red Rose
At 1:40 mark is at the bottom of the mountain looking at the other side of the Valley...(Red Rose slope is off on the left if you where to do a google fly in)
2:20 mark is a stream crossing on the trail in
with the video ending on Nine Mile mountain (Another one for you Alex ...is in Hazelton Oh and there is Comeau too:clap:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Ymazfdzko

bchunter

For sure we should do a Dome Trip this year. I have only ever done it on a sled. Would be fun in the summer.

And a Telkwa Pass trip too........

Oh so much to ride, so little time.....

:hb:

2Trider

True Ability: Newb.

I'd like to do a trip over the dome or something first.

Then Red Rose is out for now....meantime ride ride ride show the grit and ask questions and we will get you up to speed....so much too learn and so much to ride. bc can certainly assist with some instruction tomorrow so ask and inquire. Most of all have FUN..