Ride N Hike, Raft Cove, Wed 2nd

Island Hopper

The Sun has finally came out and I'd like to take advantage so I am looking at heading up to Raft Cove Wed AM... I looked at the weather on the weekend for doing this and it looks like some Artic air will be cooling things down by that time....

Head out of Port Mcneill around 8:45 AM from the Petro Can... Total distance riding about 250 KM with fuel available in Holberg {usually}.... Temps will be cool running between freezing and +5 so warm dress and heated gear are recommended.....

The trail hike will be about 40 minutes to get to the beach so bring something you can walk in and trail snacks....

Any Takers?

Island Hopper

imported post

imported post

Would be good ride for your KLR....

I've been off work for a while and doing reno's inside my house for the last couple of weeks... I told the Mrs that I'm taking the day off to go for a much deserved ride and she kinda agreed...I'll post some pics if I get some....

shevthump914

imported post

imported post

WEDNESDAY ........NO WAY ......I HAVE TO WORK ....SO NOT FAIR....:spl:...i cant believe i am going to miss this...i love raft cove ....HAVE FUN RIDE SAFE...:hb:paul

Y

yamalama

imported post

imported post

Gonna be cold! Have fun. I look forward to some pics.

shevthump914

imported post

imported post

Well as I'm driving my big yellow machine [school bus] What does my eyes see WHY yes ITs a fancy KLR machine....coming into the petro at 845.I was already wishing I was joining the CREW ,,...but I didnt see the slick cool KTM machine?...ODD..not sure where the miss happened ....all is well ...nice cold weather to boot...:hb:paul

Roasted Knobbie

imported post

imported post

Yeah, I saw you there in your Drivers seat doing your duty....I really think you got your priorities straight....That must have been pretty tough to not go and park that big yellow thing and go and pick up that little but mighty black KTM thing:D

Island Hopper

imported post

imported post

I guess I missed meeting up with Roasted this morning as I B-lined it solo towards Holberg... The roads were pretty icy and when I neared Hardy I was directed to a Detour because of an accident.... Finally after been redirected a second time I was able to access the Holberg road....

IMG_2688.jpg

Chilly morning on the Holberg road...

IMG_2689.jpg

Nahwitti River
IMG_2693.jpg

I've driven past this trail many times and never checked it out so today was the day...
IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

It turned out to be a pretty nice trail about 1 KM long through a stand of mostly old growth spruce rainforest...
IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

Everything was cloaked with heavy Moss
IMG_2706.jpg

The trail ended at the top end of the lake..
IMG_2707.jpg

Back to the bike
IMG_2710.jpg

A good day for pictures
IMG_2721.jpg

Holberg

After riding into the ditch a couple times to avoid the big fat-boy logging trucks I made it to the trailhead...
IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

Lots of trail improvements happening
IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

Made it to the beach in time to see a couple surfers heading out
IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

A real good surf rolling in

IMG_2746.jpg

At the end of the beach the Mackjack river forms a lagoon. To get across you either have to swim or build a raft...
IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

I reached my turnaround time so I headed back to the bike...
IMG_2723.jpg

A couple more from the ride home..
IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

Turned out to be a great day for December....

shevthump914

imported post

imported post

Hey cool , you did find us ..[IGA}...you will really like the rides ....very fun :hb:good to have ya...Paul .S

captcrunch

imported post

imported post

I love the pictures David...I would like to do this another time with you. You had to pick Wednesday...i needed to sleep in as I worked graveys night before. All the best!!