Riders coming from Vancouver for Loose Screw 2015

gdelrosa

Folks,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to ask if any riders are planning to ride to Loose Screws from Vancouver on the 6th of August. I would love to convoy to the event. Let me know if this is the wrong forum to post this to.

Thanks,

Gino

gdelrosa

Thanks for replying to both threads. I'll reply to the specific discussions you've just mentioned for both events.

Btw, I'm new to riding in BC and am up for meeting new people to ride with. Are there any regular gatherings for riders in the Vancouver area?

DirtClunker

I am going to the loose screw. Still on the fence about the nubie ride as I would be going just for only the ride - bit expensive for me. I ride A/B

offworlder

Wondering if anyone has room in their truck/trailer for a wee tree fiddley ?

I'd like to ride both the C+ and B routes, and make an adventure of the ride up, hence ride the behemoth (990), and maybe hit the Whipsaw en route (<- thats an invitiation for anyone who cares to join me) !

Thanks.

Last edited:

twisted-hog

I'll be stuck at work in Surrey till 3:30 pm on the 7th before I can head up.
No insurance on the 990 right now so, I have 2 options.....

Insure bike for just the Saturday ride, and haul it up in the truck with lots of comfy camping gear and a big ass beer cooler.......
or
Insure bike for 3 days, zoom up the Coq hwy to get there quick with minimal luggage, but make a nice detour on way home Sunday.....

What's everyone else got planned?

offworlder

Likely heading up Friday on the 690, looking for as much as an off road route as possible. Still hoping someone can truck up my wee tree fiddy for the B route ???, and I'll then ride the 690 on the C+ on Sunday, before heading homeward via hwy 97/99.
If I cant get a lift for the 350, guess I'll be riding the B route on the 690 :eek:

twisted-hog

Depending on my mode of transportation to the event I just may join you for the return trip :D .

And if I did haul my bike up I own a Dakota and the beast takes up the whole bed, so unfortunately no room for a wee tree fiddy. :(

kenf

There's a chance I could squeeze one more bike in my trailer, leaving from near SFU on Thursday after work, probably around 7PM. Can't promise you until after this weekend though, still waiting for confirmation on who else is carpooling with me.

KF

offworlder

There's a chance I could squeeze one more bike in my trailer, leaving from near SFU on Thursday after work, probably around 7PM. Can't promise you until after this weekend though, still waiting for confirmation on who else is carpooling with me.

KF

Lemme know, thanks :)

offworlder

Anyone wanna join me for an enjoyable jaunt to the loops, via easy back roads ?
I'm planning on leaving early Friday, which should get us into the loops for dinner time.

Here's a proposed route:
East Harrison, Utzlius FSR, Murray Lakes FSR to Coldwater Rd, then through Merrit via 5A to Douglas Lake Rd, and on to the Loops !

Here's a map:
https://goo.gl/maps/773rc

Last edited:

twisted-hog

I'm planning on leaving early Friday, which should get us into the loops for dinner time.

Here's a proposed route:
East Harrison, Utzlius FSR, Murray Lakes FSR to Coldwater Rd, then through Merrit via 5A to Douglas Lake Rd, and on to the Loops !

Here's a map:

That looks like a fun day to get there....damn I can't get away till the late afternoon. :(

twisted-hog

Am I the only one riding on Friday night?

Am I the only one riding on Friday night?

Here's a proposed route:

Here's a map:

I like parts of this route for the return trip on Sunday when I have more time to get home than I do for the ride up.

Still, no one out there that is riding up Friday night?

higenki

Here's a proposed route:

Here's a map:

So.. how accurate is the Google Maps time estimate, and what time were you thinking of departing from Harrison?

offworlder

So.. how accurate is the Google Maps time estimate, and what time were you thinking of departing from Harrison?

Dont think it'll take that long - with lunch (likely in Merrit), we'll arrive in camp for dinner time.
I'd likely be in Harrison for 9:00, you gonna join me ?

higenki

Dont think it'll take that long - with lunch (likely in Merrit), we'll arrive in camp for dinner time.
I'd likely be in Harrison for 9:00, you gonna join me ?

So sorely tempted, but I have to pass :( -- I will plan for this route for next year though.

twisted-hog

So sorely tempted, but I have to pass :( -- I will plan for this route for next year though.

Unless I'm all dirted out from Saturday.......

I'm thinking I might take the Douglas Lake Road to Merritt, then over to Spences Bridge, down the canyon to Boston Bar on the slab, then over the Koopi Pass to East Harrison for the return trip, if that grabs ya.

offworlder

Coming home Monday, as Sunday's for C+ booyah ! Gonna take an easy scenic hwy route back - hwy 97 to cache creek, the Duffy, Sea to Sky, etc...

Still time to join me for an awesome route up tomorrow - cant wait !!!