riding to dead zone ?

gordstead

is anyone riding from vancouver to spences bridge on friday the 3rd ,and if so can i meet up along the way?last year i hooked up with vancouver island riders in squamish, i dont know if they are going again , but if so let me know . thanks gordon

tobster

imported post

imported post

Im definately riding up....some company would be great. Have you got a time or place in mind yet? Was just thinking of sticking to the highway but if theres a better route..................

bossche

imported post

imported post

My plan is to go up east Harrison to Nahatlatch RD then the west side of the Fraser to Lytton and take the ferry across. Gas up and take HWY 1 for the last 40 KMs.

I am planning to leave the Vancouver area on Friday July 3[suP]rd[/suP] in the morning.

For the return trip I was thinking of going through Lillooet, and Seton Portage to D’Arcy, Mount Currey and Harrison East on Sunday.

It would be nice to have a small group.

tobster

imported post

imported post

Sounds great, but very sadly work doesnt like morning departures.

Guess im on the highway, good luck,thanks anyway

bossche

imported post

imported post

I am think about switch the to and from routes around so that I do the longer (West Harrison, Highline Spencers Bridge) route on Friday when I have more time.

Then of course I would be doing the much shorter West Fraser, East Harrison on the return trip Sunday.

I you are interested and unfamilaur with the routes PM and I can send you email the gpx files you can open in Google Earth. I will try to attach a zip file of the 5 files in this post.

Let me know if you want to join for one, both or part of the route and we can arrange to meet.

Tobster, sorry you can't make Friday but join in on the return trip Sunday.

Attachments

• DZ.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 0

Redhed

imported post

imported post

Two of us from the Island are making the Friday 7:00 AM Schwartz Bay ferry, arriving Tsawwassen 8:35. We are interested in taking an alternate route up to Spence's Bridge. Where would you want to meet on the Lower Mainland, and what time?

Rock Chucker 1

imported post

imported post

myself and one other are heading up friday morning. would definetly be interested in more of a dual sport route on theway upas we dont know the area well up there. we are on the first boat off the island on friday just havent decided on nanaimo or swartz bay

bossche

imported post

imported post

Redhed, The best place to meet would be at my house in North Surrey as I am near the new Golden Ears bridge which will put us on Hwy 7 and on the way to Harrison Mills.

Rock Chucker, arriving in Tsawassen would be best as then you don't have to go through Vancouver and will miss most of the rush hour traffic.

I will send both of you a PM with the details.

K

Kermit

imported post

imported post

Hi

Lars and I (yves) would love to join the group. I have the route on my GPS and Lars and I have just completed a similar trip so we are familier with the route and will not hold you up. I live in Langley and Lars in Cloverdale. We just need an address and time and will be there ready to travel. Any questions email or call me on my cell

778 867-6767

Cheers

Kermit (yves)

K

Kermit

imported post

imported post

I have just learned that you are now doing Harrison West. Lars and I will be going Harrison East and will not be meeting you at your house as planned Friday at 09:30.

I amanxious to ride Harrison East as I have always been stopped by nature or time and this weekend lends a great opportunity to ride it for a reason and to a destination.

Lars and I will be leavingLangley at 7:30 from the Tim Hortons on 88th Ave near 200 Street then over the Golden Ears bridge to Lougheed to Harrison. Leaving earlier will allow time to have a dip at Clear Creek Hot springs.

See you at DZ

Kermit (yves)

tobster

imported post

imported post

Just managed to wangle friday off so Im hoping to join the gang on the trip up to Deadzone. I will try and call you Kermit so we can hopefully hook up en route. Cheers all, should be a blast!:clap:

K

Kermit

imported post

imported post

I can talk a lot faster than I can type. Call for a meeting spot. Cell 778 867-6767

Kermit (Yves)

eagleguy

imported post

imported post

2riders so far leaving Wendells in Ft Langley at 8:30 Friday , for the East route.Bobhami is leading this troup,Bossches crowd is doing West Harrison

bossche

imported post

imported post

I believe Kermit is doing East Harrison on Friday also.

Our group is downing West Harrison and Hiline on Friday and East Harrison on Sunday.

At least that seems to be the current plan.

sueandal

imported post

imported post

hi redhed and bossche

i am curious if there was any thought to stopping at the sloquet spring
at north end of harrison.
also i haven't been able to locate the hiline road, do you know what page #
of the backroads book it is on or just its whareabouts?
there is a nice looking road on page 39 joining hwy 12 to spences bridge hwy 1
murray creek FSR
i am hoping to join up somewhere for a stretch still thinking about it.
al:)

bossche

imported post

imported post

Al,

I don't have a backroads book but in a post above there was a dz.zip that has 6 tracks that cover the up and back trips that I was planning. If you unzip it on your PC you will see that one of the files is titled "3 Hiline.gpx". If you startup Google Earth and select File, Open and then change the file type from "Google Earth (*.kml *kmz *.e)" to "GPS (*.gpx *.loc *.mps) and browse to where you unzipped the files and select the "3 Hiline.gpx" it will show you onthe map.

The Hiline route section goes from Mt Currie up to D'arcy then to Seaton Portage accross Misson Pass to Lillooet.

The FSR you were mentioning is also in there in the "4 spences bridge shortcut.gpx" file. It uses the Laluwissin FSR and the Murry Creek FSR.

Wasn't planning on stopping at the hot spring on the way up as it is a fairly long route but if time permits I was think of stopping at the Clear Creek springs on the way home Sunday.

sueandal

imported post

imported post

you should find me at the turn off to the hot tub.
i am heading up a little early and will join you for a bit.
hopefully
al

sueandal

imported post

imported post

i made it to the sloquet hot springs( friday.)
having not met i headed back to surrey
hopefully we will meet up another time.
al:)