Routledge Pre Ride Coq to Tulameen June 4 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Its a pre ride Saturday June 4 2011

There is lots of snow up thar in those hills and time is running out

I have to confirm the route from the Coq to Tulameen, hoping that the route is open this weekend coming up, looking at some other sites they think is should be

I will be taking the bus to the old toll booth and riding from there any takers
I need guys with staplers and a good sense of humour when the going gets tough when we hit the snow

Post here or PM me if you want to ride on the bus

Tom

Farp

Hi Tom, I can get about 200km out of a tank of gas. Should I pack more or will that be enough for Saturday?

John

tomcycle

Staff member
200kms will be fine, the plan is to mark the route from Coquihalla to Tulameen less than 50km each way.
The weather is looking pretty good so we might work on the Boston Bar to Coquihalla section too
I will have a couple of Jerrys full of fuel just in case

Tom

Farp

200kms will be fine, the plan is to mark the route from Coquihalla to Tulameen less than 50km each way.
The weather is looking pretty good so we might work on the Boston Bar to Coquihalla section too
I will have a couple of Jerrys full of fuel just in case

Tom

Sounds good Tom. I'll bring a jerry full of gas too and leave it on the bus, that's easy enough to do. Working on the BB to Coq section would be icing on the cake; sure hope we get to do that as well.

John

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
Let me know what time you'll be by the Prest Rd overpass...I'll be there.

tomcycle

Staff member
Looks like the Bus is Full
Check the schedule below and let me know if that work for everyone

The bus will be unloaded at the Caroline Mines Exit and we ride the back trail from there

Leaving Surrey at 0630
Tom T
John Farp
Mark G

PU Port Kells 0640
Scott TI

PU 264th? 0700
John V
Peter F

PU Prest Road 0745
Neil H

vortexman

I was on the road from Lawless Creek to Tulameen May 19 and there was still a great deal of snow on the road (at Lawless junction). In addition The lower road that follws the Tulameen river is in very bad shape (one wash out).

I was working at Olivine and thewre is no snow there.

JT

tomcycle

Staff member
I was on the road from Lawless Creek to Tulameen May 19 and there was still a great deal of snow on the road (at Lawless junction). In addition The lower road that follws the Tulameen river is in very bad shape (one wash out).

I was working at Olivine and thewre is no snow there.

JT

Tulameen Olivine FSR is my main interest, a road less traveled. When you say very bad is that its general condition or just the wash out, is the wash out passable by bikes?

You logging or mining up there

04klr

funny.
i ran into a retired buddy of mine yesterday who has a cabin in Tool=a=mean, he's a quadder and says there is an unreal amount of snow up top over that whole area, don't for get to take your avalanche beacons. ;}

tomcycle

Staff member
Someone got a BC Backroads Mapbook?
Personally I have found them lacking but they are better than nothing

How about GPS with Topo Canada on it?
I have the 60csx but when they refubished it I lost the Topo Maps

You know I dont need these:ted: but just in case one of you want to know where you are they will be handy to have along

And we need at least two staplers, dont forget the staples or staple gun:mb:

I have the cooler and ice

If you want a lunch you better had make one tonight or you will be seeing Timmy in the morning

Should be an EZ ride and warm :ss:Finally

TT

SouthPoint

Someone got a BC Backroads Mapbook?
Personally I have found them lacking but they are better than nothing
TT

This isn't going to help you much, but it's worth mentioning. The Backroad Mapbook people just released Version 2 of their GPS maps today. They claim that they show a lot more roads. I downloaded it today and had a quick look at it, but didn't have any time to play with it. One thing I noticed is that all of the roads are named. I'm looking forward to having a closer look at the new maps.

Ti welder

Awsome epic adventure!! Was so good I almost shed a dragon's tear when I finaly got home.

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg