Schnitz Racing 685 Kit

Smokin Sam

It looks like I'll be doing more 685 kits for KLR 650s this winter. We've just set up as a dealer for Schnitz Racing and will be bringing kits in. I think they will go for about $325 Can depending on our dollar. We've had great reports on the first kit we did. Power is way up and the oil burning is GONE! Jetting, a K&N and a pipe help out too! :clap:

bulkley mouse

Hello Sam...questions on the kit...so do you do the machining work in Smithers or is there an "core" exchange option with the Schnitz folks? I am curious about turnaround times for this project.

Smokin Sam

Thanks bchunter for the heads up about this post! I send my cylinders over to En-Joy Machine. You get your own cylinder back perfectly fitted to your new piston. It takes me a week or ten days to get the parts out of the States unless you are willing to pay hard for shipping to get it faster. Once all of the parts are here it will take about a work week to take it apart, machine and assemble. I've had great reports back on the bikes we've done now and I recommend this kit if you have an oil burner or are looking for a little more power.