Search for the Avro Anson Crash Sun Apr 19th

DirtClunker

Very cool - I just got clearance for Sunday from the Dept of Defense.

Since I am vic - can I meet you somewhere along the way? I would truck it up to Port Renfrew and then go in from there. I guess if you are going near port Renfrew you would be coming down Gordon Main or Harris Main (pacific marine road). Name a time and place, and I can be awaiting by the side of the road...

c337b

We will be coming down Gordon main It will take us about 2hrs to get there We will meet you at the corner of Gordon Main & Grierson Main between 11:15 - 11:30

Floored

Bummer....... I already promised to take the kids up to Melrose tomorrow! Sorry, but I'm going to miss it. Have fun.

hooter

You guys mind if 2 more Victoria-area riders join you? We'll meet you at Gordon & Grierson the same time as Don.

c337b

We will have to reschedule. We made it 10KM short of Kissinger lake

SeaBass should have brought the Veramati - KLR died no spark

DSCF0861.JPG

Getting ready to tow it ??????
DSCF0865.JPG

Kidagin to the rescue
DSCF0867.JPG

DSCF0875.JPG

Boys in tow
Bill
DSCF0877.JPG

Tonyw having fun
DSCF0878.JPG

My nephew Shawn on his first adventure with us
DSCF0879.JPG

Kissinger campsite - having lunch waiting for the rescue party
DSCF0888.JPG

Seabass very happy to see Tami
DSCF0889.JPG

Loading up
DSCF0895.JPG

Getting a little extra gas from the tanker for the ride home
DSCF0915.JPG

Tami & Seabass ready for the ride home
DSCF0916.JPG

Last edited:

DirtClunker

Seabass! Sorry to hear about the big buffalo. Jim, Scott and I scouted around the area based loosely on scanty info from the CHEK TV newscast... didn't find anything.

Inreach sure came in handy for communicating between the two parties!

Mad Max

I'd bet Kid Aging's ol' DRZ felt honored to tow "the worlds greatest dualsport". MAYBE Don had a valid point in some other thread ?!?!

hooter

Sorry to hear about the breakdown. As Don said, we entertained ourselves scouting around the hills near Renfrew. Would certainly like to try again.

By the way, did you guys truck the dead bike home via the south shore road at Lake Cowichan? I think I might have passed you (blue Husaberg FE390) on my way home. Hoping we can meet soon!

c337b

Seabass said a husaberg passed them. We ended up going back home on the dirt thru Nanaimo lakes

DirtClunker

We explored around the whole area based on info from Tom Burdge (the old guy who went up there with the forestry crew). Its all logging road, some steep stuff, and a bit of "new" logging areas, but just plain old logging roads. So if you are handy on a KLR - no big deal.

However, according to the report, there will be the hike through the slash for 300m then through the forest for another 400m along a 30-40 degree slope.

Floored

Sounds like my wife would be ok, but if it's 2hrs regular/fair pace to the hike in, I may be asking too much if we slow to 3hrs each way.
Guess I better re-think this idea.