Search for the Avro Anson Crash Sun Apr 26th

c337b

We are going to go to the crash site of the Avro Anson that crashed near Port Refrew

Sunday April 26th

Meet at 8:00AM on the corner of Nanaimo River Rd and South Forks Rd

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Nan...0135152a7b0fd0

We will be coming down Gordon main It will take us about 2hrs to get there We will meet the South Island guys at the corner of Gordon Main & Grierson Main between 10:15 - 10:30

Post up if your coming

The_plan

Too bad! I've been wanting to go there for awhile. Signed up for the TC10k though...

Hey Dirtclunker - I was trying to look at your website to see your trip to the plane crash. Russian hackers??

doyoulikeithere

Of course I know Gordon Main, I cant say I'm familiar with the name Grierson Rd.
where would be a good spot to meet up near to the W-End of Lake Cowichan?
Heather launch maybe? will you go by there? Time-ish?

Blougheed

Avro Anson

Avro Anson

Of course I know Gordon Main, I cant say I'm familiar with the name Grierson Rd.
where would be a good spot to meet up near to the W-End of Lake Cowichan?
Heather launch maybe? will you go by there? Time-ish?

Okay if we meet at 08:00 and head out 10 min later we should be at the Heather boat launch at around 9:15 to 9:30.

Mad Max

The Crew says Saturday is the best day for weather so we will be bumping the ride up by 24 hrs. See you all Saturday

DirtClunker

If its Saturday, sorry I will have to skip. Tomorrow is race day at Tansky, gotta get my first place! (HAH!)

If anyone can only go Sunday, let me know as I would still kike to go.

Floored

Not sure I can make it tomorrow. My wife definitely can't.
What time are you thinking you'll hit Gordon Main?

Key guy

I can't make Saturday but I'm still up for sunday

Im trucking in through sooke, DirtClunker will be doing the same. Hope someone else is coming you way Sunday. I'm assuming same time as Saturday group so will be at Grierson Main and Gordon Main 10:15 -10:30.

DirtClunker

As KeyGuy says - for the SUNDAY trip - lets make it Grierson Main and Gordon Main 10:15 -10:30.

For me, its contingent against us getting some location information from the Saturday guys. Last week we spent a bunch of time hunting around for it based on info from the documentary and the video, but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Keep your eyes on this thread for the latest update for the sunday trip.

DirtClunker

I have the location information - so the sunday trip is a go! Grierson Main and Gordon Main 10:15 -10:30.

Good luck to the Saturday guys.

Floored

What a lovely day!:eek:
I'm just waiting on the 8:15am ferry that appears to be running late (you can't expect them to still be on time after just 1 run, can you?!).
Once I'm off I'm heading to the gas station in Lake Cow. Then to a friends property in Honeymoon Bay (beside the bridge before turning to Gordon Bay).