Shiny things....

LordEndo

Staff member
I had a 2010 Thruxton - absolutely loved it. This is pretty much what, with no budget, I would have like to turn that bike into. I traded that bike in on my WR which got me started in dualsportbc......

Maybe it's time to add another to the stable? :)

They'll have one at the motorcycle show this year - wonder if they'll have this accessorized version there as well.

tengai

I had a 2010 Thruxton - absolutely loved it. This is pretty much what, with no budget, I would have like to turn that bike into. I traded that bike in on my WR which got me started in dualsportbc......

Maybe it's time to add another to the stable? :)

They'll have one at the motorcycle show this year - wonder if they'll have this accessorized version there as well.
I have a deposit on the grey Thruxton R, the local dealer on the Island has only 3 avalaible for the year. 1 grey and 2 red ones, of which one has a deposit on it.
They are a great looking bike but the fairing is actually only avalaible with the purchase of the optional race kit. Engine is suppose to make over 80 ft pounds of torque so it should be zippy. Delivery is suppose to be in June. I also hope there is one at the bike show.:clap:

rawstewage

http://www.sportrider.com/2016-triumph-thruxton-and-thruxton-r-first-look
At the sporting end of the lineup are the Thruxton and Thruxton R, which are powered by a 1200cc high-power version of the new engine that produces 83 foot-pounds of torque at 4,950 rpm. Electronics additions include ABS, traction control and three riding modes. The 1200cc "Thruxton-spec" engine has a six-speed gearbox and features a lighter crank, higher-compression pistons and a unique airbox. The R model benefits from upscale chassis components, including a Brembo front brake package, Showa Big Piston Fork, Ohlins shocks and Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires.

I guess Triumph has addressed the "Looks cool, but underpowered" issue. As a KLR rider I don't understand what a six-speed gearbox is? :rolleyes: