Spring 2016 Newbie ride: stories, pics, and thank you's !

DirtClunker

Thanks all for setting up the ride. The first 1/4 of it was good.

However, as the sole rep from Vancouver Island, I hang my head in shame - second mainland ride this year and my bike crapped out from overheating again. BUT I found the culprit! For some odd reason the bike doesn't like going uphill without a working fan. Sheesh, I thought KTMs were good bikes!

Anyways - anyone mind sharing a GPS track with me of the hard route? I promise not to share it or publish it. I just would like to come back and run the route next time I am over. Please send a PM.

thanks!

DC

Excellent day for the Newby ride. I wish i had more time to help out preparing the trails with Tom and all your helpers. Thanks to everyone. Cheers

04klr

though I didn't make the ride I can still say thanks for all the hard work that went into putting the ride together and for the on-and-ongoing trail work in the area. great job!

sylvain

"2018 Forest Fairies"
First half of the loop.
I was following Kamloops boy`s on is first ride of the year.
He did well, specially throwing rock at me every time he can... :gaah:
I`ll post the second part later.

For those who still wonder how the trails were, you can see they were amazing... :woohoo:

Dan, Tim and myself. With some other face along the route...

Bora20

Administrator
First half of the loop.
I was following Kamloops boy`s on is first ride of the year.
He did well, specially throwing rock at me every time he can... :gaah:
I`ll post the second part later..

It happens. Thanks for setting up the route. It was a great first ride of the season. Gives me ideas for the Loose Screw A route.

JavaJude

Super Moderator
I received this Thank You letter in the mail today from Chilliwack Search and Rescue and I wanted to share it with everyone at DSBC who participated in the Spring Newbie Ride. This was a group effort from ride organizers to ride participants and I'm very proud of everyone's generous donations and all the hard work that went into this event.