Spring Newbie Ride and Social - Sunday March30/08

sail_lots

imported post

imported post

Jeckyll wrote:
Hmmmmm, not sure I'll make it out there by 8 am. I'd have to leave Kits at 7:15 ... on a sunday ... that's jut not right :D
I will be heading out from Kits aswell

scooter

imported post

imported post

If you guy's want to meet at say Renfrew and 1st at the Chevron. Is it Rupert or Renfrew

7:15 am. Chevron

Post up!:mb:

sail_lots

imported post

imported post

scooter wrote:
If you guy's want to meet at say Renfrew and 1st at the Chevron. Is it Rupert or Renfrew

7:15 am. Chevron

Post up!:mb:

I am on 4th so heading down to 1st is the wrongdirection I will beon hwy1 east bound at grandview hwy at 07:21

heading to the Point a Vista cafe on Chilliwack lake road breakfast yahoooooooo

xr8d

imported post

imported post

If anyone in the Pitt Meadows/ Maple Ridge areais interested a couple of us are meeting at Bruce's Market for breaky/coffee at 8:00, leaving by 8:30, and riding through Mission and Abbotsford. Maybe a fuel stop at Chevron on Sumas just before Hwy1 around 9:00. Back roads from there to the start.

Phoenix

imported post

imported post

So far it likes like two of us will be meeting in Maple Ridge @ Bruces Market 8:00a.m.(240th & Lougheed Hwy). Leave at 8:30 for Chilliwack.

Cheers, Alex.

oops, must've posted at the same time as XR8D.

A

akrieger

imported post

imported post

I am heading out from Kits too. I will meet you at the chevron on the way out at 7:15

I ride a red BMW GS... see you tomorrow.

North

imported post

imported post

I passed my course so I now have Sunday off and I can make the ride.:clap:

scooter

imported post

imported post

OK I will be at the Chevron at 7:15 in Vancouver, I'm riding to 232nd and Hwy 1 for the back roads ride.

Brian Blue DRZ

rivet

imported post

imported post

Do you guys think this tyre will be okay for the ride? Not much centre knobs left!!

IMG_1237resize.jpg

IMG_1236resize.jpg

xr8d

imported post

imported post

Rivet, that tire will be fine, this ride is fairly tame for newbies and big bikes, just don't follow Neil(Hawk) and you will be OK!:dr:

D

Dewwey

imported post

imported post

But how will it cope with the snow currently creating a slush pile on the north shore?
:?

DIRTYNOOB

imported post

imported post

thanks to that short, long haired guy at 5thGear, i will be finally able to attend this newbie ride. this is my first dualsport ride this year, with you guys, so take it easy on me:mb:.

i look forward to seeing you hooligans, be it old faces or new ones, Roger

C

CascadeThumper

imported post

imported post

Who would have guessed?

Almost April and we've got several inches of snow, ice and slush in the northern suberbs of Seattle. Things are a bit slippery around the edges. Have a bunch of fun....I hope to see ya on sunny Vancouver Island.

TLGREEN

imported post

imported post

uh ya.... I have 3 cms of snow on my car right now...:shock:

I think I'll see you all at the next one:tup:

I'm crazy but not that crazy:shoot:

Have fun tomorrow in the snow!!!:p

scooter

imported post

imported post

The forecast doesn't look too badit shows about 30% POP at the mostin the areas we will be riding in.

Who knows though. Will peep out the window early in the morning and decide.

G

imported post

imported post

What about meeting at the Chevron, at Grandview Hwy and Boundary?

It basically at the Highway Entrance.

PistolPete

imported post

imported post

No snow at all out in Langley yesterday at all! It hailed for about 10 minutes last night....nothing stuck around. Streets are bare and dry right now.

See a bunch of you all at Chevron at 232 and the rest out in the Wack!