Breakfast

Lunch

Lots of Mud

BCORMA Trail Pass Required

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
7th Annual DSBC Spring Newbie Ride & Social

When: Sunday March 25th, 2012

Where: Chilliwack, British Columbia (only one hour East of Vancouver): Tamihi Staging Area just off Chilliwack Lake Road. (Corner of Chilliwack Lake Road and Tamihi Liumchen FSR)

Cost: FREE (but we ask riders to have a 2012 BCORMA TrailPass)

Time: 8:30am meet for breakfast at Tamihi Staging Area
10 am 'Last Rider Out'

This popular ‘first organized dual-sport event of the season in Canada’ should host more than 100 riders. We hope you've kept your calendar clear.

Skill Level: There is something for everyone. The main (EZ) route is on jeep and ATV roads + asphalt. There will be puddles, wet leaves & rocks and likely some mud. With experienced riders lending a hand it will be easy enough for any rider on any bike. Advanced riders will have the opportunity to take guided 'hard' routes into single tracks and up to (through?) the snow line that will challenge them.

RAIN or SHINE !

This event is popular and has been a huge success each of the past six years. More than an event for 'new' riders, this has proven to be a great start-of-season for many of us. Don't be shy...

• Coffee & hot breakfast will again be prepared by our good friends at the CHRISTIAN MOTORCYCLISTS ASSOCIATION. These are the nicest people you’ll meet at the crack of dawn; busy working so that we get our caffeine, protein & carbs; a great spread for a nominal charge.

• After the ride, enjoy a BBQ lunch, provided by our other great friends at the GREATER VANCOUVER MOTORCYCLE CLUB, and talk with them about their club & the rides they have planned this year.

• 2012 BCORMA TrailPasses will be available for sale on-site. Have a voice in this province while supporting DSBC & local trails. www.bcorma.ca

This event comes together as a result of the financial support of many lower mainland businesses. Many will be on site & riding the event – please take every opportunity to meet them & check out their offerings. Their may even be demo equipment on-site...

soph9

I am at times a little confused about the pass...if your bike is insured for the road...you still want us to buy a couple of passes for the two of us correct? Not a big deal we can do it just want to make sure this is the rule.

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
I am at times a little confused about the pass...if your bike is insured for the road...you still want us to buy a couple of passes for the two of us correct? Not a big deal we can do it just want to make sure this is the rule.

Thanks for the great question.

The BCORMA TrailPass has nothing to do with your ICBC insurance. It supports the advocacy / lobby group that is fighting for our rights / access to riding in the province (single-track as well as gravel roads). A portion of your TrailPass fee comes back to the club that you buy it from (DSBC) - helping us keep chainsaws running etc.

For more info, you can try the search feature on this forum, or visit the BCORMA website.

Again, thanks for the great question.

Mark

Ti welder

This will be a awsome trail with lots of moss and heritige. Should be a huge amount of fun with many good stories to follow, never mind the gopro efect.
Scott

Last edited:

soph9

Scott it was just a question...of course we support the trails and will buy our passes I was just asking...

Ti welder

Scott it was just a question...of course we support the trails and will buy our passes I was just asking...

No offence taken! I do this stuff cuz I enjoy it, good times, good folk ect.
Like I said. I have not gotten my trail passes yet for this year. Like my wife/the banker said, 'If I don't who will ?'
I am real curious how all those guys who buy trail passes made out with the new trail today?

Last edited:

North

Thank-you to every-one who was working on the Trails this weekend and all the other weekends.

And like Scott said, the gas, and the time spent doing this by the Few, adds up to a lot of money. Plus they buy trail passes for the trails that they built, for every-one to use.

Thanks

Rick

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Thanks Rick for bringing that up. It would seem a little self serving if I brought this up.

As you already know I am the President of BCORMA (Home of the Trail Pass Program) I wont tell you how many hours (1000's) that takes up, non of which I or any of the other Board members (board members are made up of the clubs) gets paid to do.
I along with lots of help from others go out and find, cut, mattock, dig and clear trails (soon to start signage)
I like helping out new riders and some of you old codgers too
Spend lots of time here on this site, hoping that some of you find my adventures interesting:cf2:

I get all this and a lot more for the pittance of $60.00 a Trail Pass from DSBC, what a bargan:woohoo:

Oh yea, I also have to part with a big chunk of money to ICBC and Beacon :gaah:

Noob ride is gonna be epic (if it doesnt snow)

Tom

zane

I received mine as well and appreciate the time and effort you put into this,as I get more involved count me in for some elbow grease on the trails.will be at the noobie ride this month .cant wait.Zane

Cruzin 17

Just have some questions regarding newbie ride. Is this for duel sport bikes only? Do you need insurance if bike is duel sport as my bike is still in storage but will be getting it out but won't be insured? What forms of payment will you be taking for the trail pass on the day of the ride? If someone could get back to me that would be great at [email protected].

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Just have some questions regarding newbie ride. Is this for duel sport bikes only? Do you need insurance if bike is duel sport as my bike is still in storage but will be getting it out but won't be insured? What forms of payment will you be taking for the trail pass on the day of the ride? If someone could get back to me that would be great at [email protected].

Its a dual sport ride so yes it will have some road sections if you are an exceptional rider you may skip the road section and ride back on the trail, but you had better be good. Much of the B route is on FSRs and you do require 3rd party liability there is logging hunting quading walking fishing and all sorts of other users on these roads, I personally would not ride without minimum insurance. Traditionally no police have been on the route, but that could change at any time. Trail Pass will be available and we can take Cash Cheque are Charge

The C route you must have ICBC plates and insurance.

Tom

Dirty Ninja

I may be up for this but have never been on a dual sport ride with anyone and I guess I would need a trail pass.
How long is the route? My xr250 is only good for about 70 miles.

Last edited:

North

Don't worry, with your enormous testiciles you will be fine. :tup:

There is an Easier "C" route and a harder "B" route. I don't know the mileage, but you can always pack extra gas.

Last edited:

Dirty Ninja

Think I need better tires for some of that stuff depending on how muddy it is I have kenda k270 tires and they suck in mud or in pretty much anything but fs roads.

Mikey108

Hi just wondering if there is camping available at Tamihi Campground that weekend. And if it can accomodate small RV's?

Thanks for any info

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.