• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Stave West Survey Results

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Like all surveys you can skew the results, and that will show when you see the master plan proposal.

You might notice how the break the user groups particularly the motorized users IE 4x4 and Rock Crawlers?? even the 4x4 guys don't separate these two groups

Also they started breaking out Mission Residence Response , Stave West is Crown land and for use of all us in British Columbia

They also broke out the Female Response, Why?

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Now that you have read the survey this is a preliminary copy of the proposed draft copy of the master plan (couldn't have made that more complicated) Sorry for the poor quality

The red is motorized all other areas are non motorized

I dont know the area as well as I should but I suspect that the "Official" motorized areas are virtually inaccessible. Just the same it does not look like a good representation of the survey?

offworlder

Indeed, when only the "planners" have access to the results, the data can be easily skewed. They're focused on Mission respondents (vs users from other areas). They regularly compare respondents from Mission to the "overall" respondents:

"When asked to select their FIRST CHOICE of which facilities, services and/or improvements should be prioritized at Stave West safety and security was the top priority vs. the 4th priority in the overall results. "

That aside, some positive take-aways:
- No conflicts with dirt bikers
- 1191 respondents

As for the breaking out the female response, this is likely an attempt to identify the stakeholder's "diversity" :)

offworlder

While there's some fun in riding in/around the lakebed, IMHO the best part of Stave is the trails father back. There's some fun ATV trails that make for challenging riding.
Alot of the closer areas (large red area) are gated :-(