Sunday Feb 7th

NI230L

Hey guys who wants to on a ride on the 7th I'd like to get out for a long one if the weather allows ..Who's in??

NI230L

imported post

imported post

Went down island on saturday to look at a bike the deal was right so my wife bought it for me it is a 2008 xr650L Aloop tank and seat ,supermoto fenders , polisport headlight, supertrapp ids2 exhaust, lowered 1.5" with link , emmision control junk removed ... Rode it home saturday night got home around 10:00pm ran out of fuel in woss and the station was closed so lucky i had planned ahead and pack a jerry can full in the can .. A little cold without the plug for the heated vest ... Rides like a dream I love it...

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

Creepy ball of spiders me and paulmc found in some caves on sunday sorry no ride pics from the day to jacked on riding and caving..
DSC03696.jpg

Island Hopper

imported post

imported post

Good choice Dennis, the Xr 650L is a capable bike... Now you need to get some bling like luggage and a big fuel supply...

NI230L

imported post

imported post

The dealer is getting me the stock tank and seat so at least for now on longer rides all at least have 10.5 liters instead of the 7.5 i have now and yes a rack is in order but i think it may have to be custom done because of the aftermarket rear fender..
I really like the simplness of the aircooled honda..

450x

imported post

imported post

Where did you pick it up? I'm looking at trading in my high maint 450x for an 08 XR650L at courtenay motorsports. I just can't take the maintenance and the gearbox just isn't setup for long highway riding. I had an 85 XL250s and that thing was a tank; I beat the crap out of it and it never complained once. My brother has an 86 XR250 and it's the same story with that, it never fails.

Roasted Knobbie

imported post

imported post

Good Job...A big thanks to your wife forbeing on board with you in supporting your habbit I mean hobby:). You'll be glad you now have a real dual sport machine.

NI230L

imported post

imported post

Yes it's great to have a wife that is onboard with my hobbies and she is learning to ride as well ... We picked that one up brand new from courtaney motorsports...

triplenickel

imported post

imported post

There should be a group of us going out that day, you're welcome to come down and join. Usually leave from the track at about 11:00.

NI230L

imported post

imported post

I could be into that what kind of a ride are we talking... maybe some of the other North Islanders would be into a ride somewhere different??

triplenickel

imported post

imported post

Just a trail ride nothing extreme. Some powerlines, logging roads, quad trails, play in some gravel pits, any bike will do fine. Probably a lunch somewhere on the trail, just a fun Sunday ride. It's a good group of guys.

triplenickel

imported post

imported post

Just at the top of general hill maybe five K out of town on the Gold River highway. You guys should come down, Paul, Dave, Wicktrimmer (sorry forgot your real name) it's always fun plus you'll see some new trails.

shevthump914

imported post

imported post

Last weekend I rode the macyver lake trails up by the track on my KTM 200, the trails i rode on were GNARLY...but i guess there"s lots to choose from?...Just curious if the right bike to bring would be trail weapon..or KLR tractorsaki?...otherwise...I 'm game....Paul.S

NI230L

imported post

imported post

I was kinda hoping the big bikes so we could ride down weather permitting.... not sure if it's big bike country but i was hoping so

triplenickel

imported post

imported post

There's everything to choose from in that area but the group of guys that do the Sunday rides is definiteley big bike friendly. I'll be on the 950.

NI230L

imported post

imported post

Cool if its a big bike freindly ride i think i'll be there and hopefully the others as well.

triplenickel

imported post

imported post

Last weekend I rode the macyver lake trails up by the track on my KTM 200, the trails i rode on were GNARLY...but i guess there"s lots to choose from?...Just curious if the right bike to bring would be trail weapon..or KLR tractorsaki?...otherwise...I 'm game....Paul.S

Yeah those are some fun technical trails back in there eh? Those are usually for the Wednesday night rides, Sunday is a fun, cruisey ride.

paulmc

imported post

imported post

Here I was thinking that I was going to miss a ride.... Then I checked my dates again, the 7th is not for another week. So I'm in for a morning ride down to Campbell on the Sunday,I'll have my new (hole-free) longrange fuel tank by then.

And I'm anxious to see the 950 in action.