Team Grizzly's Dualsport Riding Seminar.April 23rd

Mess

imported post

imported post

:X Sorry for the late notice but i'm out,last night my XR started to run like crap and i don't want to chance it riding out that far.

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

I had a great day today at Chipmunk!!!!

Thanks so much to Rocke, Keith and Mike for organizing this ride. It was nice to get out there and see some regulars and meet a couple of new people.

Can't wait to go up again.

-Judy-

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Great fun guys, this is the first time that I have seen seasoned riders try and give some thing back that they have learned, to new riders. Even I got reminded on some of the techniques of off road riding that I had forgotten. Now you know what to expect I'm am sure the next clinic will be far even better.:ss:

Good Job Boys:tup::tup::tup:

Tom Timmerman

C

Cheap Charlie

imported post

imported post

Thanks to Team Grizzly. Good of you to give some of you`re time to help out. I noticed good riders don`t sweat. I think I`ll have to work on my technique. I lost a lot of fluid.
Thanks again

N

newrider

imported post

imported post

Thanks team grizzly, and sorry about holding everyone up on the trail ride with my stalling out bike. Untill next time....

Andrew

B

BCRider

imported post

imported post

Cheap Charlie wrote:
Thanks to Team Grizzly. Good of you to give some of you`re time to help out. I noticed good riders don`t sweat. I think I`ll have to work on my technique. I lost a lot of fluid.
Thanks again

Yeah, we newbies gotta work on that part. Every time it put my helmet back on it was like wrapping my head in a wet cold fish!

More of you should have tried out the gravel pit hills. It was nice to try some stuff where you don't need to worry about shishkabobing yourself on a tree stump.

The hints I got really helped. I've got a lot of bad "street" habits that need unlearning. I tought my mountain bike riding would help and I suppose it does a bit but the heavier steering of the dirtbike is overpowering my bicycle instincts and it's taking a while for me to realize that I can't flick my DR around like my Norco.

I missed the group that went off to the woop de doo exercise. By the time I got my kick starter running and took off I only saw a small glimpse of one of the last of the first group. I went up the hill quite a ways until I got to the Y that ran down to the CAF area and waited for the other two behind me to arrive to point the right way. They never got there and I apparently went too far or missed a turn or something as I could not hear any bikes and even when I turned back I didn't see the two behind me. So I went back to the gravel pit. Just as well too as I was able to help out in the FizzyFish rescue.....

O

Opium

imported post

imported post

Well, I had a blast yesteray!! And the beer and burger afterwards at the pub wasn't too bad either!!:D

Its too bad that I really didn't ride with everyone. I didn't get there till about 12:30, and when I found the gravel pit, I saw alot of vehicles, but no bikes!! It was great to finally bump into everyone, and do some hill climbs at the pit, and I look forwards to riding with the group again. I did see The Rock giving some tips, and from what I saw, it was organized pretty well.

Now my bike has a couple of scratches in it, but thats ok, I had fun makin them!!

Opium Stu

F

FizzyFish

imported post

imported post

Thanks for putting this event on. Despite the injuries I did have a good time and met some really great people. The pub thing afterwards was great as it gave me time to get to know a few of you.

To the two fellows I was with when I crashed, please PM me your email addresses so I can send you the pics I took of you. And thanks so much for all your help, that goes for the rest of you too. :)

In case any of you are wondering I have some really big bruises and a sore shoulder, but no longer have a headache and am just fine.