The Route of all Evil

H

Hotrodtodd

Heres the latest Mcnutt ride boys enjoy and hope to see ya there!

Rootsofallevil-000copy-3.jpg

F

franhoser

imported post

imported post

:woohoo:

sound like fun. I'll be there.

sueandal

imported post

imported post

i'm going 2 leave it to the morning of and hopefully make it.
The trail pass i got at the spring newbie's gonna get used once more!
This summer i have made it to Mcnutt 4-5 times with DSBC'ers and on my own.
Very different than 20 years ago when i used to go a little.
We used to go way up and the road was more dirt, easy to ride and 4x4
Its so grown in and rocky now.
The good thing is the trail system that the club has made
I think the one i ended up on last was called Holy Grail
Cool little bridges, gnarly single track.

al
i'm out :(
but in for the newbie :)

H

Hotrodtodd

imported post

imported post

Updated poster with 10am riders meeting. We had some dual sport guys come out and watch on KLR's last event, its a good place just to watch the action if anything!

Todd

bigwavedave

imported post

imported post

what is this ride all about? is it for dual purpose or strictly off-road bikes? what are the trails like? is it part of a race? are there usually races held in this area? I have never ridden there. anyone from the island going? thanks for any more info.

DAve

F

franhoser

imported post

imported post

Big Dave,

McNutt is a riding area with mainly single track trails on the side of Blue Mountain(approx 30km) that the BMMC runs and maintains. It is not a race but much like a social event for the existing member to ride and hopefully attract others to come see or try out.

Only advice to you is it's not big bike friendly. B route is hard and A route is killer. I would not ride anything less than 450cc on the b route. Good analogy is think of the Orca Run A route as a McNutt B route.

I have riden my 610 on some of the easy trails but for limited time only. After a fewhours the bike starts to beat you up.

For A route Iwouldn't take anything in there othen then a 250cc or less bike with either hydrolic clutch or rekluse clutch. Your arms will be destroyed in about an hour with a cable. Also you should be a very good trail rider as well.

bigwavedave

imported post

imported post

thanks. sounds fun. should be a good fit for the five hundee. hopefully I can make it over.

dave

KTM-Bryon

imported post

imported post

franhoser wrote:
Only advice to you is it's not big bike friendly. B route is hard and A route is killer. I would not ride anything less than 450cc on the b route. Good analogy is think of the Orca Run A route as a McNutt B route.

I have riden my 610 on some of the easy trails but for limited time only. After a fewhours the bike starts to beat you up.

I would like to come out and ride my 690 on some of the easier single track trails. Anyone else thinking the same? Anyone know of a "C" route?

H

Hotrodtodd

imported post

imported post

bigwavedave wrote:
thanks. sounds fun. should be a good fit for the five hundee. hopefully I can make it over.

dave

Its a great place for the five double O!! I just happen to have one too and I have no issues other than everyone telling me I am stupid for riding it there....

Cmon out we will make sure to accomidate out of towner's with guided tours before or after the event, just pm me and I will arrange it no problem.

As for a "C" loop, we will ask that if you are there to ride, to stick to the marked course as most of the mountain will be used in one way or another and we dont want anyone hurt.

Todd

B

bigthumper

imported post

imported post

Hey Dave, I'm going to try & make this, probably just a day trip. Sounds like a great ride.

bigwavedave

imported post

imported post

good idea. hey wade, don't think I can make the melrose ride tomorrow. will give you a call in the morning if I can, though. had an awesome ride today at burnt bridge. really fun.

dave

H

Hotrodtodd

imported post

imported post

Is everyone ready for the torture thisweekend? Post up if your gunna make it out!!

H

Hotrodtodd

imported post

imported post

This is a generic post I have made and posted elsewhere, I know everyone here is responsible but I will post anyway

Thanks,

Todd

We, as dirt bikers, are under a huge microscope right now and this event in particular is a very sensitive subject for many non-motorized groups that don't want this, or any activity, to happen on Blue Mountain.

Any participating person needs to be responsible and observe these simple guidlines:

Drive slowly on local roads near the event area and keep a low profile

All vehicles MUST park in assigned spots no exceptions

All garbage must be taken out with you or disposed in cans provided

No bikes are allowed to ride on any gravel roads behind the gates before, during, or after the event and must stay on the marked course at ALL times

Helmets are mandatory

96 DB and under

Thanks,

BMMC

S

sicamoose1

imported post

imported post

Damm, i've gotta work. Can't do the run. Sunday morning at Cultas i can do. Next one for sure, Sorry

KTM-Bryon

imported post

imported post

Hotrodtodd wrote:
Is everyone ready for the torture thisweekend? Post up if your gunna make it out!!

I am out. Too bad but my move to Coquitlam Oct31is fast approaching and I can only do the DSBCride this weekend.

I tried to check out BMMC's web site but it seems like it is down. The last time I rode Blue Mtn it was for a mountain bike race about 10 years ago. What's it like out there? I am interested in joining BMMC'cclub as I think it will be my closest riding area to my house near Eagle Ridge Hospital.

F

franhoser

imported post

imported post

Epic Ride.

Great job to the BMMC orginizers. Everything was wet and my hands are numb.

H

Hotrodtodd

imported post

imported post

Thanks to all those that made it out!!! Nice to meet you Dave all the way from the Island, Hope all had a great time.

Todd

bigwavedave

imported post

imported post

thanks again for the ride. that was awesome. really fun. the weather was a bit on the wet side, but still so fun. I wish I had stuff like that near my house. hopefully will make it back a few times this winter for a ride. you were right, that ride was perfect for the five hundee. nice work putting together the ride.

thanks.

dave