This town is KILLING me!

Groovy

I don't know about the rest of you riders up here but the long winters up here are going to be the death of me! The weather looks great , nice and sunny and the dog shit is crawling out of the snow banks to invade the browned out grass; but all I can think about is getting out for a ride. I look at the thermometer and it indicates -5, sip on my coffee browse for some new goodies and hope the sun warm it up.
One coffee down, some parts added to favourites. Check the thermometer and it's -4.
I wait all day for it to get up to 0 just so I can go for even a brief ride, get geared up fire up the bike. I get thru town and find a dirt road, and by this time my hands are colder then the ex and I'm glad to be able to slow down a little to dodge the sections of road still snow covered.
Living down here in the hole that is Prince George the sun goes down and out of sight early, and I ride on to a find a sunny spot to stop at to try to soak what little warmth the sun is able to provide. I get off the bike clapping my hands like some freak to beat some blood back into them, and for a brief moment I'm "wowed" by the peace and scenery. It's at this time the cloud comes in to intercept the sun and I figure it's best to head back... right through the cloud.
It's chillier on the way home and from the top of university hill (where it is always 2 degrees colder) I can see snow coming down in my neighborhood. WTF! Where is spring?
By the time I get home my hands are so frozen I can barely control the throttle. I dash inside and fumble to remove my gear with fingers I can't feel trying not to think of that piss I need to take. That's the one benefit to a light bladder when riding in the cold... you get to warm your hands up more often.;)
I check the tracking on my parts to discover the truck delivering them broke down in Edmonton so it'll be a while yet until I see those hand warmers. :mad:
I look at the forums and check my facebook only to see my friends & other riders out and about in much better conditions. I can't help but kick myself in the ass for moving to a place with such a prolonged winter, but I'm glad to be back in BC with a great gal at my side. It's a great area up here for riding and wilderness and I love it.
It's winter I hate ;)

Groovy

Turns out it wasn't such a bad day after all! I got a short ride in. I even squeezed in a couple hundred rounds at the range, ran into some fellow club members that had a brand spanking new AR15, M16 and a vintage M1 that let me play with their toys. Picking snowballs off at 100 yards with a M16 is just as much fun as a hitting a trail or two.