• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Thompson-Okanagan alpine vehicle restrictions in effec

Shuswap

I saw some mention of this a few months back, so it didn't just pop out. That said, the Gov't really doesn't listen to stakeholders, in my experience we are just an obstacle to expedient implementation.

As I read this an acceptable trail (at this elevation) is now defined solely as one that has NO vegetation, not as one that has been used previously as a trail and has a skim of grass. That skim of grass could be a problem. I'm worried this is too tough a definition and trails that go lightly used will be lost forever to motorized users.

It will be interesting to see how the COs get around to enforcing this when they are already spread so thin

I saw some mention of this a few months back, so it didn't just pop out. That said, the Gov't really doesn't listen to stakeholders, in my experience we are just an obstacle to expedient implementation.

As I read this an acceptable trail (at this elevation) is now defined solely as one that has NO vegetation, not as one that has been used previously as a trail and has a skim of grass. That skim of grass could be a problem. I'm worried this is too tough a definition and trails that go lightly used will be lost forever to motorized users.

It will be interesting to see how the COs get around to enforcing this when they are already spread so thin

• "A trail on which there is no vegetation except on a strip that, if present, can be straddled by a 4-wheel vehicle."

Seems like as long as you are not plowing through the bush you are probably ok.

"In addition to these general provisions, there are alpine motor vehicle closures in place under the Wildlife Act in the Lillooet area, where the operation of all motor vehicles is prohibited above 1,920 metres. This specific closure occurs in the following areas: China Head Mountain (excluding Yalakom-Big Bar road), Nine Mile Ridge, Red and French Mountain and Hogback Mountain."

This looks like the china head road will be out of bounds as some of it is above 1920M 6300'. Not happy about that

offworlder

"In addition to these general provisions, there are alpine motor vehicle closures in place under the Wildlife Act in the Lillooet area, where the operation of all motor vehicles is prohibited above 1,920 metres. This specific closure occurs in the following areas: China Head Mountain (excluding Yalakom-Big Bar road), Nine Mile Ridge, Red and French Mountain and Hogback Mountain."

This looks like the china head road will be out of bounds as some of it is above 1920M 6300'. Not happy about that

Me either ! China Head is a crucial part of our epic Mud lakes/Poison Mountain loop ! Perhaps this is only on/near the peak ? As we ride across the ridge....

Island Hopper

They do say with the exclusion of the Yalakom to Big Bar Road so does this mean the main China Head fsr route that takes you from one to the other is still okay for travel?

Shuswap

Many of the trails I ride have had vegetation re-growth occur, mostly due to low use. So, as I read this, they would no longer be a legal trail. This is overkill.