Throttle cable broke

North

Well, that was brutal . While riding out to the Newbie / Social Dual-sport ride. My throttle cable broke between Abbotsford and Chilliwack on the back-roads. I was able to get back home to Surrey by using the choke and riding in the Bicycle lane a lot. It was better that this happened on the street and not the in the Bush. Molly rode back with me.

North

The cost of parts are out of this world too!

I am hoping it will not be too bad for a 610 Husky.

Last edited:

Mad Max

I used to have a DR 350 that was hard on throttle cables. I found that in a pinch you could jury-rig the pull close side of your throttle cable into the pull open side if you applied a little Hill-Billy engineering.It may work for Huskies as well or you coulda just kept yelling MUSH !

North

Thanks Mad, I had a lot of tools with me and wire, etc. Since it happened on the pavement, I just rode home slowly. I thought about stopping and taking it apart, but I thought it would faster to just ride home. The big thumper just lugged along in high gear at low rpm's, (2200 tops). I could have called the Wife to come and get me with a Hitch Mount Carrier, but again, I just bit the bullet.

I guess I will be ordering two of them now.

North

Hi,

I just got my new Throttle Cable today. I have never install one and was wondering if there are any tricks or surprises that I should know about.

Thanks

Rick