Volunteer Sign-Up for 2005 Vancouver Motorcycle Show

JavaJude

Super Moderator
We have had a couple of meeting so far regarding the 2005 Vancouver Motorcycle Show. This year we will be combining our booth with the Fraser Valley Dirt Riders (FVDR) and the Pacific NorthWest Motorcycle Association (PNWMA) booths. So rather than 3 small booths we will have 1 large space with an awesome display.

We now need DSBC members to sign up and let us know when they can volunteer their time to assist at the booth to provide information aboutDSBC to the public.

The show is January 14-16, 2005. Hours of operation are:

Friday12:00pm - 10:00pm

Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm

Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm

A 2 hour commitment is all that I ask but if you wish to volunteer more time that would be great. Tom has ordered T-Shirts for us to buy (not sure of the cost at this time)and we would like anyone who will be volunteering to wear their DSBC t-shirt and black jeans so welook like a team.

I'm still waiting to get our Exhibitor Kit which will give me more info about the show (volunteer passes, VIP passes, set-up times, tear down times, etc) when I have more info I'll post it.

So for the time being let me know what day(s) and time(s) you would like to volunteer and I'll put you on the schedule.

If anyone has any questions pleasefeel free email me at [email protected]

-Judy-

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

We had a good meeting on Friday night at the Sawmill Pub. Thanks to those that were there. I now have the schedule for the times that members have volunteered to help out at our booth at the show. I still need some others to volunteer and fill in some time slots. Bill, I filled your name in for a few time slots. I hope that they are ok. Let me know if they're not.

This is when we still really need people: Friday 4-6pm, Friday 6-8pm. Saturday 6-9pm. Sunday 1-3pm. Please let me know if you can help out. Starbuck? Joker? Summiteer (Scotty)? Anyone else? Reply here or email me.I willbeat the show all weekend (except Sunday morning) so if anyone needs me please feel free to call me on my cell 230-6043.Anyone that wants to help tear down please join us. There was some talk about hoisting a few cold ones afterwards (??????).

Below is the schedule so far. For those who have volunteered already please check your times. We ask that you wear the black DualSportBC t-shirt and black pants while manning the booth at the show so we look like a team. Also that you remain at our display for the times that you say you'll be there. Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far and who will be helping out at the show.

-Judy-

DualSport BC
2005 Vancouver International Motorcycle Show[/b]
Volunteer Schedule[/b]

[align=center][/align]

Thursday Set up
10:00am meet at Judy's place.

Judy
Ted
Mark
Gord

Members from PNWMA and FVDR will be meeting us at Tradex to help set up also.

Friday Jan. 14
12:00pm
Robert C.
DirtyBill

1:00pm
Robert C.
DirtyBill

2:00pm
Robert C.
Stu (Opium)

3:00pm
Robert C.
Stu

4:00pm
Stu

5:00pm
Stu

6:00pm
Mike W.

7:00pm
Mike W.

8:00pm
Mike W.
John J.

9:00 to 10:00pm
Mike W.
John J.

Saturday Jan. 15

10:00am
Andy
Guy

11:00am
Andy
Guy

Andy
John J.

Andy
John J.

KTM Ken
DirtyBill

KTM Ken
DirtyBill

4:00pm
KTM Ken
Guy

5:00pm
Mike W.
Guy

6:00pm
Mike W.

7:00pm
Mike W.

8:00 to 9:00pm
Mike W.

Sunday Jan. 16

10:00am
Mark
John V.

11:00am
Mark
John V.

Mark
John V.

Mark
John V.

John J.
DirtyBill

4:00 to 5:00pm
John J.
DirtyBill

Tear Down
Judy
DirtyBill
John J.
Guy
Andy
Ted

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Wow the booth looks great. You all have done a great job:tup:

Finally got a internet connetion here in Cabo.

great pictures here in the land of sunshine of your show. I am going to post on the Baja trip later but I cant get any photos yet or videos

Great Job I am going to get the rest of the gang to look

Tom T

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

hey we won again Tom, did you hear?

joker650

imported post

imported post

There was a lot of traffic. And there were many people stoping by.

I talked to 5 people myself that wanted to get into the DS scene. The most asked questions were

"what bike would be best for me"?

"How many km's are the rides andwhat fuel range do you need between fuel-ups"?

"What skill level do you need to ride with DSBC and KDSR members"?( I said none ):D

" How often are rides planed"?

Everyone thought the websites (DSBC and KDSR) rocked ! They were verry impressed with all the pictures and stories of rides and the comradary of all the strangers that this sport brings together.

This was all between 6 and 9pm Saturday.

I had a great time at the show,,,Jeff thanks for the place to stay and all the food and beer. But what happened to Roy !? Another misplaced taxi ride maybe!!

Give'r !:cool: