What better way to start 2014 than......

bchunter

..... with a new bike!!!!!!!

:woohoo:
:bliss:
:dr:

IMG_0821_zps5cae2e7a.jpg

And not a great pic of the starboard side of the bike, but I wanted to show off the kickstart I got installed :hf:

IMG_0822_zpsd9a99715.jpg

Let's get rid of this white crap. I have skied enough, time for some throttle!!!!!!!!

bchunter

Thanks guys!!!

I can't wait to start riding!!! Looking like the end of Feb, begining of Mar the roads might clear up here. Bring on Spring!!!!!!

bchunter

Not really as i still love two strokes, and am lucky that i sold my KSM to a co-worker and traded winter storage in my shop to be able to ride it any time i would like, but i am looking at doing some distance rides this year and i can only afford to have one bike, so i had to make a choice. I choose on the side of distance, hence my new steed.

And i agree, the snow camo is cool. I can hide behind it while coyote hunting :D

Buck

Congrats! If you're looking for accessory suggestions check with Wicktrimmer. He rides with Island Hopper and did a nice job setting up his DRZ400.
I still have the DR650 you saw in Smithers ..and the little DT200, runs great but doesn't get enough use.
Are coyotes good eatin? lol

bchunter

Haha, no coyotes are a little stringy, but the grouse they eat are very tasty. Same as the deer that the wolves eat, but i think the wolves will see through the DRZ snow camo :)

Thanks for the congrats!! I am very happy, and am excited for 2014. As well thanks on the DRZ contact. I have a few mandatory items that i am going to put on such as my Rox risers and higher bars and a skidplate. As well i have already installed a magnetic oil plug and a magnetic ring with the oil filter to catch the new shavings. Other then that i am planning to just ride it and learn it. It is hard waiting for a nice day to seat my rings...

Glad to hear the DR is still treating you good. Hopefully i can make it that way one day. Would love to ride south of the BC equator.

triplenickel

Congrats! If you're looking for accessory suggestions check with Wicktrimmer. He rides with Island Hopper and did a nice job setting up his DRZ400.
I still have the DR650 you saw in Smithers ..and the little DT200, runs great but doesn't get enough use.
Are coyotes good eatin? lol

Wanna sell the DT?

Buck

Wanna sell the DT?

No, it's a keeper. I mainly use it for b type rides with my daughter (Kiwi) on her KLX250. Did a couple of Dead Zone events on it. Owned it about 7 years now, new piston.. it's a blast to ride on street or trail. If I hear of one for sale, I'll let you know.

triplenickel

No, it's a keeper. I mainly use it for b type rides with my daughter (Kiwi) on her KLX250. Did a couple of Dead Zone events on it. Owned it about 7 years now, new piston.. it's a blast to ride on street or trail. If I hear of one for sale, I'll let you know.

That would be great, looking for something along those lines for my better half.

Buck

Last edited:

bchunter

:dr:Gentleman...Start your Farklers !

Yesterday I dropped my daughter off at tap, raced home and in 45 minutes switched out the stock bars for my Renthal tall ones :hf:

Next farkle, skid plate install. Well, I guess that is not really a farkle, more of a mandatory item :rolleyes: