What is a good hitch carrier?

Summitrider

Hello

I am new to the motorcycle world.

Long story short is I now own a 2004 Yamaha WR450F (325 lbs or so) dirt bike.

I am thinking to get a front hitch for my 2002 Ford F350 and hang the bike on the front and ATVs on the rear deck and tow the travel trailer.

The help I need from you or others you know, is what is a good motorcycle hitch carrier? Brand and model name would be appreciated as well as any feedback/pros/cons in regards to the hitch carriers.

I have heard the Harbour Freight aluminum carrier the knobby ties always get badly stuck on the travel rack to the point go having to be payed out of the hole.

I was thinking initially to go with aluminium but after reading reviews etc it seems like steel might be the way to go.

What are you folks using the works or conversely does not work?

Are you or anyone you know selling their hitch bike carrier?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Jim Moir
cell 604-786-7694

MRyder5

I have one one the f350. It slides into the front receiver with a wobble stopper clamp. I first tried a princess auto steel one and quickly returned it. The material was paper thin and flexed way to much with the WR250r. The one I have now is a mixture of aluminum and steel fairly heavy steel mounting and brackets with an aluminum tray and ramp. It’s solid. I still cross strap from the trucks tow loops. I’ve driven at night but slightly wary around the police as lights are compromised.
don’t leave the key in the bike!

Ando__

I have the above mentioned princess auto hitch carrier. I haven’t had any issues with it but it’s the only carrier I’ve ever used so don’t have much to compare it to.

I also have a low 300lb bike and seems easy enough to roll on and off with some knobbies. I’m sure there are sleeker / more stable carriers available if you want to cough up the dough. Let us know what you settle on and how you like it

LTD

I have the princess auto carrier I purchased second hand and added some gussets and reinforcement and lights.I also added a above and below front tire stabilizer to the carrier so once bike is rolled in it stays put by itself.(much better than trying to tie down and hold) Cannot roll off front have to back bike off. I use it with a crf450l. I use on back of truck camper with a swin out adapter to allow full access to rear door works great. I have not tryed it on the front. I do have a front receiver that I use mainly for MTB, I would try on front for short distance maybe, worried about cooling more than anything. If one does not do welding I would buy a much higher end unit. Still way cheaper to start with $50 dollar used unit and adapt to requirements. Hope that helps?

LTD

I have the princess auto carrier I purchased second hand and added some gussets and reinforcement and lights.I also added a above and below front tire stabilizer to the carrier so once bike is rolled in it stays put by itself.(much better than trying to tie down and hold) Cannot roll off front have to back bike off. I use it with a crf450l. I use on back of truck camper with a swin out adapter to allow full access to rear door works great. I have not tryed it on the front. I do have a front receiver that I use mainly for MTB, I would try on front for short distance maybe, worried about cooling more than anything. If one does not do welding I would buy a much higher end unit. Still way cheaper to start with $50 dollar used unit and adapt to requirements. Hope that helps?
Forgot to mention I have the receiver locked down two ways to limit wobble.