What kind of street bike do you have?

S

Starbucks

Hey what kind of bikes y'all got? Mine's on ice right now but will keep the 400 up for the winter...Tell us about your bikes!

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Ninja 750 F2 1988 vintage

1988 Specs

• msrp $4799.00usd
  • 495lbs wet
  • 41 mpg avg
  • 748cc
  • DOHC 16 valves
  • 1/4 mile 11.00 sec 122.1 mph
  • 6 speed transmission
  • 106 hp:dr:

It reminds me of a street version of my DRZ 400 except it has a comfy seat:p

Only 24,000 kms on the clock Might take it to Baja in January :cool:

TT

Attachments

• Ninja750F2.jpg
    Ninja750F2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
G

imported post

imported post

02 R1

01 Guzzi V11Sport

Most of my disposable income is spent on rubber....s:shock:

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

Me...Yamaha FZ1.A good skosh of the throttle = 10 cups of coffee!:shock:Most of my mod money has been in suspension work...Now I just have to learn to ride it well...

G

imported post

imported post

Starbucks wrote:
Me...Yamaha FZ1.A good skosh of the throttle = 10 cups of coffee!:shock:Most of my mod money has been in suspension work...Now I just have to learn to ride it well...
I've ridden 2 FZ1s now. One stock and one with front and rear suspension work. WOW!! That bike feels a lot more planted with suspension work done to it. Especially the front end.

I think the FZ1 is probably the best buy in street motorcycling.

Rambocycle

imported post

imported post

Mine is a Suzuki Bandit 1200 Black, previous owner TT, I had a beautiful red 600 Bandit prior. Both of these bikes great rides!!:cool:

B

BCRider

imported post

imported post

Just traded in a ZX-9R for a new Z1000 Kawasaki. I've been using the 9R for sport riding and sport touring for the past 3 years but this summer a week away taught me that the old bones just don't "bend that way" any more.

The Z1000 is a stopgap until I need a 'Wing or a wheelchair.... :D Hoping to get it set up with a snap on luggage rack that fits onto a spare interchangeable rear saddle over the winter.

The Z is a really fun bike. In many ways I'm enjoying it more than the 9R and find that it's got a lot of the same fun aspect to it as the Ducati 900SS I had before the Green Meanie.

I've also got a 1992Honda CBR600F2 that I use for track days and race a little with the Westwood Motorcycle Racing Club at Mission and have had it down to Spokane for 3 weekends as well. Hoping to get to Seattle and Portland this coming season as well.

Mess

imported post

imported post

2000 Blackbird for touring and general hooligan stuff :cool: and a 81 XS650 currently being morphed into a street tracker.

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

Wow, lot of muscle bikes here. Bandit 1200, Z1000, Blackbird, R1, FZ1.

I hereby request this section be renamed to "hooligan" section...even that 750 and the 600 have good grunt...

Yee Haw, Starbucks

Newbusa

imported post

imported post

2003 Goldwing for the wife:DAnd 2000 Hayabusa with all the fixins for me:cool:Oh ya and the 2001WRF250 for my yet to be born son;)

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

My god, now a GW and a Busa? I think we're got more HP in this thread than in all other threads combined. Here's my horse, a press photo...none of me riding it yet.

Attachments

• fz1_yellow.jpg
    fz1_yellow.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
D

dizzy

imported post

imported post

'03 SV650S checking in.....

Attachments

• tnkcvr.JPG
    tnkcvr.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
G

imported post

imported post

There's another great bang for the buck motorcycle!! The SV650. I was riding with a bunch of guys up to Neah Bay on the Olympic penninsula. The road up there gets into tight corners with no signage so you have to be focused on your riding or you'll end up crashing. This guy on an SV 650 was just railing thru there:hb: I thought it was a 1000 until after lunch and I noticed the decal on the bike.

B

BCRider

imported post

imported post

Well.... as long as we are starting to add pics.

Me and the Honda Track Toy at Mission. 3 seasons under my leathers now and looking forward to Season 4.

Attachments

• MissionF2.jpg
    MissionF2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
S

Suzuki loyalist

imported post

imported post

Grey Sv1000s. Why doesn't anybody else own this bike? It's a great street bike.

B

bakelite

imported post

imported post

Hate to bring the horsepower average down, I have an 04 HD Electraglide Standard. :cool: Y'all have some nice bikes.

Attachments

• Holiday Pictures 052.jpg
    Holiday Pictures 052.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 0
S

Sabre

imported post

imported post

My KLR shares the garage with a lovely '01 Triumph Bonneville, one of the sweetest bikes I've ever owned.

Attachments

• Triumph Bags Mounted 1.jpg
    Triumph Bags Mounted 1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
G

imported post

imported post

Hey bakelite. Where was that pic taken? Looks a bit like Monterrey Ca.

Sabre, are you a member of RAT?

K

Kawasakied

imported post

imported post

My street ride is an old but loyal 1986 Kawasaki Concours. Still a great ride and, hey, least possible bike to be stolen when parked with all the other ones. Won't even qualify for a "bait bike". --Ed:)

B

bakelite

imported post

imported post

DirtyBill...the picture was last August in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Pretty cool place but way too humid for me.:)