What kind of street bike do you have?

S

Sabre

imported post

imported post

DirtyBill,

Alas, I've not had the time to socialize much with others in the motorcycling world...I was thinking about riding to the RAT rally this past summer in Nelson, but the world conspired to keep me from having much fun this year. It's my goal to carve out more time for recreation this coming year! :)

B

BCRider

imported post

imported post

Bakelite, it's nice to see a well traveled bike. You obviously ride it and that's great regardless of brand. I often make fun of Harleys but it's always IN fun.

Sabre, I test rode the Bonnie a couple of times during the Triumph test days and found it to be a great bike. Not intense like sportbikes but a fine tool to get out for a relaxing ride. I saw a used one with very low rise bars a while back and it fit me to a T. Made me start thinking of puddingbowl helmets and hittin' the "tonne" while a ciggy hangs outta my gob.... :D

Been doing a few mods to the street bike. Thought I'd share. First off is the twin slip onMuzzy pipes. The sound of these compared to stock totally blew me away. They aren't that much louder but the bass rumble is really nice. Sort of sounds like an old big block speaking through a Thrush glasspack...

Attachments

• Muzzys.jpg
    Muzzys.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
B

BCRider

imported post

imported post

Added some fancy hardware tonight as well. Pazzo CNC'd levers. This is the clutch side but I assure you I have the other one as well.:D Note the Napolean bar end mirrors as well....

Attachments

• Clutch.jpg
    Clutch.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

Rambocycle wrote:
Mine is a Suzuki Bandit 1200 Black, previous owner TT, I had a beautiful red 600 Bandit prior. Both of these bikes great rides!!:cool:

Girl that bike is nasty! Can't wait to flog the Fizzer coming spring...we're going to have some good street rides...I need all of you to help me improve my street riding too. What an awesome collection of bikes, we've got to do some touring next summer as a group. I say we ride to Sport Bike West. It rules and there's a suspension builder there I'd like to hook up with. I'll tee it up, DSBC Represent!

:hb:Bucks

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

BCRider wrote:
Added some fancy hardware tonight as well. Pazzo CNC'd levers. This is the clutch side but I assure you I have the other one as well.:D Note the Napolean bar end mirrors as well....

Pymp with a capital P baby

Kool with a capital K

:hb: Let's hoist the fronts up...Bucks

Attachments

• silver 2002 ZR7s.jpg
    silver 2002 ZR7s.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0

bmw rocke

imported post

imported post

WELL some one said they like bikes well traveled so here is a pic of my 1996 r1100gs. It has 125 000km on the odo right now. This bike has been to Alaska, Newfoundland, Sturgis, and many other places. It has been to all 10 provinces and 1 territory.The bike has corbin seats front and rear, Givi wind screen (not in pic),and 750 000 candle power driving lights. (I'm afraid of the dark).I have loggedmultiple 1000 mile days on this bike and will probably log a few more in the future. New is nice but this one knows its way around now.:p

Even my "street bike" wants to be a dual sport.:D I have done some off roading with this bike also. It did the Mystery creek ride in 2001 and the Rutledge in 2002. It may not have the HP of some of the other rides you guys have but it has it's place among the "street bikes".

Keep posting your bike picsI love to see what people ride!!

Attachments

• r1100gs.jpg
    r1100gs.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

Dude that bike is unreal. That's some serious riding you put on. No wondah ya so slick!

What do you think of the 05 and what do you think of the 650 V-strom?

:hb:Bucks

bmw rocke

imported post

imported post

I love the 05!!! it's everything the gs should be and more. I cant wait until 08 when I might be able to afford a 05.;) I am a fan of the 1000 v-strom I think you get %90 of the BMW for %50 of the cost. That is math that works for people like us who have to work forour $$$. I haven't ridden a v-strom 650 yet but if it's as good as the 1000 it should be a winner. ROCKE

Shane

imported post

imported post

all those bikes are sweet so as for my road bike,here she is the classic ......

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

Wow dude is that a cb 750???!!

I hope my FZ1 has the same staying power. I bought it with the idea of keeping it in top-notch shape, and eventually making it a classic vintage bike. There are some newish bikes I can see will have a long lifespan....Speed Triple, FZ1, ZRX1200, Vmax, Goldwing, Rune, Rocket III...future classics I think!

I see it now,25 years hence. Hot-rodded FZ 1!!!

Bucks

Buck

imported post

imported post

Another FZ1 checking in, 2002 with 46K. Awesome bike that eats rubber. BTW it's for sale, cosidering a v-twin...SV-1000S?

B

bakelite

imported post

imported post

Shane, beautiful Honda, you've kept it perfect, good for you. I loved the way they sounded, always wanted one but never found the right one. Thanks for the picture.:)

Shane

imported post

imported post

i found this bike on ebay and i won the auction for 550 bucks , course i had to find those pipes, repaint the bike to original for that yr, new tires , get the carbs back to shape , new coils, chain, new leads, basic stuff butt shes ran great ever since , i still take here on the loop if you al know what that is !! shes got collector plates ..nice to know there ae admires

ttyl see you all on the rod since i just bought myself a 89 klr 250 :D

Shane

imported post

imported post

oh heres my new street / off roader !! my klr 250

welcome home junior !!

Attachments

• klr 250.jpg
    klr 250.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Rambocycle wrote:
Mine is a Suzuki Bandit 1200 Black, previous owner TT, I had a beautiful red 600 Bandit prior. Both of these bikes great rides!!:cool:

Bad news

She's all gone now:(

ICBC sent it to bike heaven in Feburay

Stay tuned for my new street weenie ride:dr:

F

FuGazi

imported post

imported post

Omg I remember when my ninja 750 was new it looked just like that.Now its old has a whole lotta battle wounds some duck tape here and there and 89,000 k's on it.Motor is indestructable red plastic is hard to find andIam starting to think about selling it for parts?Anyone interested?????:D

F

FizzyFish

imported post

imported post

My street bike is a fizzy and I just love it! Great through the twisties and comfy riding position too!

Attachments

• 2004-08-01ByTheRoad.jpg
    2004-08-01ByTheRoad.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0

Summitteer

imported post

imported post

Not a true street bike, but it sees a lot of street/commuter miles. bmw 650 dakar (built march 04)

1DSCN0642-med.JPG

S

Starbucks

imported post

imported post

wow scott when did you pick tha up?

Summitteer

imported post

imported post

We picked that up almost exactly a year ago, this year we got its big brother (2000 R1150GS)

Scott