Western PowerSports http://www.westernpowersports.com/en/

logo.png

Western Powersports Service Department
20551 Langley Bypass, Langley (BC) V3A 5E8
Tel: 1 866 796-4714

This year we are going to have Travis to help and provide a presentation on his
South American Tour follow link below
Hamon and redbike's 3-Month Meandering Trajectory

- self-contained adventure travel: the tools and skills you should have before setting off on a multi-day adventure
- what not to bring: the things that weighed me down from start to finish
- how to change a tire: I'd be glad to show my tire change methods if somebody would like, although I know we have a few more presenters that are more familiar with rim locks, etc.

And you will be listening to me talk about Tires, and all the things attached to them.
Tubes
Rims
Spokes
Brakes
Bearings
Sprockets
Chain
Grease
Any anything else that comes to mind

Will I bust any knuckles as I change a tire by hand? you will have to come down and see for yourself.

You may want to bring your wallet as Western will be extending their Tire Sale Pricing for this Event. The tire sale does not actually happen till the end of March

Western will be hosting a BBQ Lunch at Noon

Last edited:

pdgranola

Awesome, thanks for the info. My last long trip I convinced myself I did not need to bring a tire repair kit/spare tube as it was pretty much all paved road. Had cell phone and CAA..lesson learnt..always have repair kit. Had to wait for 2hrs for tow, hr drive in wrong direction to dealership not open till next morning.

The other lesson learnt is even though you may have CAA plus which is supposed to be good for motorcycle coverage, there are areas in the US where it is not enough coverage for them. I had to complain to CAA (phone calls, email) that it is not explained on site, in condo with advisor or leaflets and they eventually covered the cost

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Awesome, thanks for the info. My last long trip I convinced myself I did not need to bring a tire repair kit/spare tube as it was pretty much all paved road. Had cell phone and CAA..lesson learnt..always have repair kit. Had to wait for 2hrs for tow, hr drive in wrong direction to dealership not open till next morning.

The other lesson learnt is even though you may have CAA plus which is supposed to be good for motorcycle coverage, there are areas in the US where it is not enough coverage for them. I had to complain to CAA (phone calls, email) that it is not explained on site, in condo with advisor or leaflets and they eventually covered the cost

Little did you know a 12 dollar tube and two tire irons would have you on your way in 30 minutes.

TT

tomcycle

Staff member
Bump

Time to get ready for the riding season, go down to the garage and check your tires.

tomcycle

Staff member
Start time has been moved up to 10:00 am

Start time has been moved up to 10:00 am

*******important time update*******

START TIME HAS BEEN MOVED UP TO 10:00 AM

Sorry for the last minute change, my wife sez Sunday at 900am is her time and when Im finished I can then go out and play.

I hope this does not mess up anyone's schedule,

Thanks
Tom

tomcycle

Staff member
It March 3 and it time for the FTS

The weather looks great today, so if you decide to take you bike out for a ride instead, i will understand.

For me though, I will be at Western today starting at 10am for the FTS. Donating my knuckles to a greater cause.

Tom

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
I counted more than 60 participants today, many who rode their bike.
Thanks to all for coming out; we hope you enjoyed Hamon's discussion & Tom's demos.
Stuart at Western was a gracious host, offering his warm shop, some good product deals, and a whole bunch of hotdogs.

Please plan to join us again on the Newbie Ride & Social - Sunday March 24th.

Mark

tomcycle

Staff member
Thanks to Travis for his first hand knowledge regarding real adventure riding
I tried to remember you acronym and it was with me, until I started typing this
TIPS?

Thanks to Western Powersports and Stuart for the use of the shop

Thanks for the weather

Thanks to BobH for changing my front tire

And last but not least, Thanks to all of you who showed up.

See you at the NEWBIE Ride

Tom T

opeth

My first dualsportbc event and it was good. Can't wait for the newbie ride.
Tools
Information
Preparation
Spontaneity

I think I got it right.

Hamon

Thanks Tom, Judy, Mark, and gang for the opportunity to share a bit and thanks to all of you that came out to learn a bit more about the pastime that we love!

Lots of friendly new and old faces in the mix: awesome to see such good representation here in the Lower Mainland.

Opeth, you got it right:
Tools: what you bring physically
Information: what you bring mentally
Preparation: proactiveness before the trip
Spontanaeity: how you react during the trip

TIPS, PITS, or SPIT. They all work. ;)

See you folks at the newbie ride!

Travis