Why Do I Have To Have A BCORMA Trail Pass For The NuBee Ride?

zane

Thanks BCORMA like it was mentioned earlier 50 bucks is small potatoes.do any of you play beer league hockey its 700 to 800 for the year not including beer and busted hockey sticks
Zane

tony-klx250

I got back in town too late to join everyone for the spring nubee ride - dang! Just couldn't get it together in time. I would like to purchase a trail pass to help support the BCORMA. Can I do this online? Is there a place where cash donations can be made for those that don't have time to help out on the trail maintenance? Thanks.

Summitx

Well one great thing about this thread - I had no idea what the bcorma was all about. Been a rider most of my life but was out for 10 years or so and just got back at it last year. Big threat to the kvr around here and to be perfectly honest I don't hold out much hope but will help with any effort to make trails available to all users. Thanks bcorma, just purchased my pass.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Well one great thing about this thread - I had no idea what the bcorma was all about. Been a rider most of my life but was out for 10 years or so and just got back at it last year. Big threat to the kvr around here and to be perfectly honest I don't hold out much hope but will help with any effort to make trails available to all users. Thanks bcorma, just purchased my pass.

Summitx

You will be happy to hear that we may have broken thru to the Trails People. Much is yet to be seen but they have finally acknowledged that maybe some sections of the TCT will have to be shared, or a alternative route be provided. (BCORMAs stand is no net loss to motorized trails, so if they want to take it they have to give us something in return)

Lots of work still ahead, but at least we are able to talk and that is a huge step in the right direction. But like you I wont hold my breath just yet

kenf

Curious -- I just noticed that the OP said he paid $45 for the trail pass, and when I checked the BCORMA site, it said the same thing, $45. But I was charged $60 when I registered and picked up my pass at the ride on Sunday morning. Was the extra $15 a "convenience" fee? Beer money for the organizers?

Not a big deal, I'm happy to make a donation to the cause, I'm just curious why the difference.

Thx
KF

tomcycle

Staff member
I wish the extra 15 bucks went for beer:woohoo:

But sadly this is not the case:gaah:

The extra 15 bucks goes directly to support DSBC it gets you the cool DSBC decal and some other neet stuff, when you buy your pass on line you don't get that personable service that JavaJude provides, you do still support DSBC and Off Road Riding.

Your choice,

The cold unpersonable internet purchase experience

Or the pleasant sales pitch and appreciative interaction with a real human being and for that you get some cool swag but it will cost you a little more.

Hope that answers your question

Tom

Dirty Ninja

Curious -- I just noticed that the OP said he paid $45 for the trail pass, and when I checked the BCORMA site, it said the same thing, $45. But I was charged $60 when I registered and picked up my pass at the ride on Sunday morning. Was the extra $15 a "convenience" fee? Beer money for the organizers?

Not a big deal, I'm happy to make a donation to the cause, I'm just curious why the difference.

Thx
KF

I would like to know the same thing, luckily I had more than $45 in my wallet and when I said "I thought it was $45?" she just said no it's $60 but offered no explanation.

Damn you answered before I could post Tom,now I can't figure out how to delete this post!?

Last edited:

tomcycle

Staff member
Dirty Ninja

see my post above, we where responding at the same time

On a additional note regarding the trail pass

The Fall 2012 DSBC year end ride will also require a Trail Pass Guess what, most of you already have one, What a deal eh?

But wait there's more
The other DSBC events require a trail pass and will give you a discount if you already have one, its up to the organizers to determine discounts but its going to be at least 10 bucks.
We are also going to be offering a Off Road Riding School for Adults and Kids this year (Adults will pay full pop, but the kids will be for free) again discount for Trail Pass holders
For you off road types, The Trail Pass will get you discounts on other events that other clubs organize. Locally that will be the Blue Mountain MC, Fraser Valley Dirt Riders, Greater Vancouver MC. expected discount to be 10 bucks per event
If you off road race the PNWMA has proposed to its member clubs to offer discounts for racers that carry a Trail Pass right now its only the piston run by the gvmc but they are giving a 10.00 discount to trail pass holders

So at 45.00 you would only have to attend 4.5 organized events to make your Trail Pass Free, while still supporting your club and Off Road Riding in BC

Again I appreciate the DSBC purchases at 60.00 The extra 15.00 goes to Decals, keyfobs, and a host of other things that support DSBC.
To be clear NO ONE GETS PAID AT DSBC not even in beer, we do it because we want to.

Thanks

Tom

kenf

Cool, I had way more than $15 worth of fun on Sunday, so I have no problem supporting DSBC. It was a great event and I'm happy to support you guys and BCORMA too! Thanks again for a great day.

Cheers
KF

Ti welder

Things that me you go,HMMM.
First off, you'll notice that above my avitar it says 'participating member', thats it. I knew about the 15$ long before the event. Why did I pay the extra? I think the breakfast/lunch,both cheep as I see it,and Oh, almost forgot, a place to gather the bikes up. The ability to do this kind of thing within the law is also a big part. The only thing I got paid was to have a couple of hardcore 2 stroke riders go 'WAHOO' on the way back up a trail that I helped build. That alone was worth way more than 15$, saw & saw gas, and many hours put in. And yes, I am happy to do it. The work these people do behinde the sceens is huge and more important than most can emagine. Now lets go cut some more new trail for the next ride. And for most of us, the next ride will be when ever we feel like getting on our bikes!

Last edited:

tomcycle

Staff member
There are no dumb questions

There are no dumb questions

I just want to say "There are no dumb questions" I look forward to answering them, its not often that I am asked to share my knowledge:ted: so I wont pass up a chance to look like the smart guy.
Many of you have questions but dont post, so where are you going to get the answers?
One of my many other problems is that Im standing in the middle of the forest, sometimes I dont see the trees.

And yes I do realize that there are different opinions of how we (BCORMA) can go about things. I have watched areas being closed to motorized use for many years and have done nothing to stop it. I always thought it was not my problem. Now it is:gaah:.

Ti welder

I realy have to edit some video if I want this up here before next year!
Can you upload directly to the site?
How big and how long will it take?