Winter tires stud insertion tool

sylvain

"2018 Forest Fairies"
It look like it's time to start another tires thread :woohoo:

Winter is coming and I don't really want to invest 200-300$ per tires for the threaded tires stud.
1200_lg.jpg

Specially because I don't think it's possible to ride only in the snow in the lower mainland.
I want to try car tire stud, they look mere adapted to riding in any condition and occasionally on ice patch.

I looked around and only found couple of quite expensive option for the Stud insertion tool http://www.brunowessel.com/content/studtool.asp
tsit_9_stud_gun.jpg

Anyone have one available?

Anyone have ever tried to stud dirt bike tire with that kind of studs?

Bora20

Administrator
I would suggest saving your time and money and just do it right from the start. Go with the top ones. I hear they are great in mud too ;)

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
I would suggest saving your time and money and just do it right from the start. Go with the top ones. I hear they are great in mud too ;)

Agreed. I had them installed for Jan/Feb last winter. virtually no snow / ice (but I was ready for it!). Studs worked great on all but smooth rock / creekbeds. Fun in the mud and had a nice chainsaw effect on roots & logs.

Some of the studs got pounded pretty deep into the lugs, but I never lost any, never got a flat, and had no trouble removing them all.

Expensive at >$1 per stud - but recommended.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Still got my Grip studded tires from last year, not one stud has fallen out, so this tire is going to be coming in pretty cheap.

Hope we get snow this year so I can mount the damn tire and try it:woohoo::gaah::gaah:

TamihiNovember_189.JPG

sylvain

"2018 Forest Fairies"
It sound like I was not clear :censored:

Is there anybody who can get me a stud gun for cheap ?