Working on some new B track

Dorky

We are hoping to have some new B route for your Loose Screw riding pleasure this year. As you are probably aware, it's a little wet out there at the moment. Sorry for the picture quality, I only had my phone.

IMG-20110619-00089.jpg

IMG-20110619-00088.jpg

Don't worry, this will all be dry and enjoyable by August.
IMG-20110619-00090.jpg

It's a good idea to close the vents...
IMG-20110619-00091.jpg

...before doing this!
IMG-20110619-00092.jpg

It's stuck on a stick under there.
IMG-20110612-00087.jpg

Not many options here.
IMG-20110619-00093.jpg

The Great Mud Pit of Carkoon
IMG-20110619-00095.jpg

IMG-20110619-00097.jpg

IMG-20110619-00103.jpg

Last edited:

flyn

Can't wait to see the A loop. Whao Who
The trails tire is coming off and the full knobbie is goin on instead.

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
I would like to say that the Giant Loop Mojavi bag from Dave at Moto Overland is one of the best pieces of kit out there. Everything in it stayed dry today even through all this water.

Thanks to my Sealskinz over the calf neoprene socks, my feet were also nice and dry even with all that water inside my boots!

Next week...better cameras...

Last edited:

Matty-D

B-Route - Coming Together

B-Route - Coming Together

Looks like we have a full B-route put together - although no one has ridden the whole thing in one go yet! 275 km total. Less gravel road than previous years. It will be a long day! Had to add a few k of pavement right after lunch... but the trails after it are worth it. Other options would have made it a 300+ km day!!! Too much!

I may need some help cutting some trees and going through the whole course. Let me know if you want to go for a ride! (After July 18th...).

Added some singletrack to keep you sweating... good fun!
Big Hole.jpg
See you on the trail!

Last edited:

Bora20

Administrator
I am up for riding the whole thing, plus it will have to be done once you have the roll chart complete to test it out.

I also have a saw...so does Dorky...and everyone else in Kamloops...

Dorky

I am up for riding the whole thing, plus it will have to be done once you have the roll chart complete to test it out.

Let me know if I need to bring my chainsaw in for that Meadow Creek section.
G

Matty-D

...always the wise guy!

Well bring your saw... I'll be too busy wrestling my bike and putting a roll chart together!... and finding a few km to shave off...

cactusreid

I also have a saw...so does Dorky...and everyone else in Kamloops....................... Everyone except Motoged that is. cutting edge guy that he is...get it.cutting...
He packs a big bag of salt that he plops in front of a downed tree,to help loft his frt wheel over. different strokes- you know the rest. now back to the b route.

Dorky

I also have a saw...so does Dorky...and everyone else in Kamloops....................... Everyone except Motoged that is. cutting edge guy that he is...get it.cutting...
He packs a big bag of salt that he plops in front of a downed tree,to help loft his frt wheel over. different strokes- you know the rest. now back to the b route.

I cut at least 20 trees today with said handsaw. Very tired...

Ged was not there to help.

Bora20

Administrator
It was a good time Dorky. 94.2km of track flag and noted for the roll chart. Left at 9am, got back to my house at 3pm. Rain started as I left the carwash on the reserve.

No pictures, but it is wetter than the last time we went through with Wayne and Doug. No dust though, especially by yourself.

Matty-D

Nice Work Bora. I survived the weekend and will be around from now till LS. I was hoping to get out one evening this week to clear some logs on the Logan Lake-Lac le Jeune section... Then one day on the weekend to ride at least the half to Logan Lake, flag and roll chart... We should chat!

Dorky

There will be several new sections on the B+ including several km of brand new, especially for you, B+ only, virgin single track.

Some of you will love it, some of you will curse us!!

:clap::clap::clap: