Loose Screw 2018 pilgrimage!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Screw 2018 pilgrimage!

So looking forward to this years ride! As part of the annual ritual, I ride the beautiful back country roads from the big city to the Loops, and back again afterwards. If anyone wants to join me on what makes for a fairly easy and very scenic ride - post up here!

Route to the Loops is as much dirt as possible - East Harrison, through Boston Bar, FSRs to Merritt, then Douglas Lake road to the Loose Screw campground.
    Route back is all tarmac, but still very scenic: highway 97 to Cache Creek, through Lillooet, Duffy Lake road, and then Sea to Sky home.

Comment

No takers? C'mon! This makes for a very easy and scenic (C, C+ maybe in a few sections) ride through some beautiful BC backcountry :-)

Comment

From Douglas Lake you could pop into Falkland, take the Falkland Chase road. If you were being adventurous you'd follow my poor directions and turn onto 6-mile FSR which should hit Paxton Valley I think - turn left and take that all the way back to 97 or right to get to Martin Prairie, turn left to get to Duck Range road kinda area, right probably takes you somewhere too. What could possibly go wrong? ;0)

Comment

I don't know that my truck and camper with the trailer behind it would hold up through all that.

Comment

Looking more and more like an epic solo voyage....

Comment

Marc, here's the route we took in 2013. It was a great ride but my GPS messed up so the track starts part way along East Harrision. This year the BMMC DS crew are planning an epic ride up that includes the Whipsaw and a few sections that have never been ridden before by us. We're putting the odds of beating our 2016 arrival time Friday night of 11:38pm as 50-50.

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/25947160

Comment

Pre-running the pilgrimage for you Marc.
                I'm heading to the Loops to visit a buddy at Knouff Lake on Wednesday solo.
                Going to skip the East Harrison but take the road from Boston Bar (Uztlius Creek FRS to Merritt then Douglas Lake Rd to Barnhartvale Rd to the Loops then up to Knouff Lake Rd.
                Should be a good 6 hour jaunt for the katoom, 1st ride on her this year.

Comment

Really looking forward to the ride up and back. Perfect time of year to enjoy a scenic trek across Beautiful BC - with an epic ride in the middle :-)
                  Perhaps you'll join me for the return trek?

Comment

Not taking the 990 to the screw this year, small bike so i'll be in a cage there and back.
                    Ride last week was good....didn't realize Barnhartvale Rd was paved, but it was a lovely, twisty road with zero traffic.
                    No issues on the dirt part,you can cook along at a good pace.

Comment

ah shit, really wish i'd seen this earlier Marc . would loved to have made this trip with you . hadn't signed up for LSDS but would have accompanied you just for the ride up and back.

Comment

Working...
                      X