Harrison West

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison West

Heading up to see how the road is for a future group ride, check out reported bridge washout. Maybe but some lower trails.

Stopping to top up fuel at Chehalis Band Store around 11:30 IF anyone wants to join.

Let us know what the conditions are like!
    What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong.

Comment

It wasn't the snow that stopped us on Sunday but a bridge out at 65km West Harrison... I am liaising with MOfLNRO and will post up when bridge repair ETA is available. We knew it was out when we headed out but wanted to check the snow levels and road conditions.
      Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water
      Image may contain: outdoor
      Image may contain: outdoor and nature
      Image may contain: shoes and outdoor
      Image may contain: one or more people, tree, motorcycle, outdoor and nature

Comment

Thanks for the update. Sounds like riding season may start a bit earlier this year!
        What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the update on the bridge being out, I was thinking about heading up that way soon to check out the snow conditions. Pleas update any further info.

Comment

I have never ridden the Harrison West Rd, but this summer I am looking forward to checking it out. I am in Squamish so was thinking of doing a loop starting from the south and heading north to Pembi and then back home and had a couple of questions I hope you all may be able to help with.
            1. Am I correct in that you access it via Morris Valley Rd at the Lougheed Hwy?
            2. What is the approximate ride time from this start point to Mt Currie assuming no stops or closures? Just looking for general idea to allocate my time. From my map the distance looks to be approx 175-200 km (if my start point is correct) but have no idea of terrain and surface conditions to estimate pace.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

As of yesterday, only passable to KM 27 due to snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevno View Post
                I have never ridden the Harrison West Rd, but this summer I am looking forward to checking it out. I am in Squamish so was thinking of doing a loop starting from the south and heading north to Pembi and then back home and had a couple of questions I hope you all may be able to help with.
                2. What is the approximate ride time from this start point to Mt Currie assuming no stops or closures? Just looking for general idea to allocate my time. From my map the distance looks to be approx 175-200 km (if my start point is correct) but have no idea of terrain and surface conditions to estimate pace.
                Thanks in advance.
                1. Turn off Lougheed at Sasquatch pub, and keep heading North
                2. Leaving Vancouver at 8:00 I usually get to Pembly by 2:00, including couple of stops along the way. (ymmv)

Comment

Originally posted by MtB View Post

1. Turn off Lougheed at Sasquatch pub, and keep heading North
                  2. Leaving Vancouver at 8:00 I usually get to Pembly by 2:00, including couple of stops along the way. (ymmv)
                  Thanks MtB that helps. And i think doable from Squamish in a full day.

Comment

Ya, I did it in 2013 with a group from Pemby to Hwy7 in 6 hrs and 15 mins. That was with a few stops and a breakdown that took 45 mins at least.

Comment

Hey Stevno, post up here when you are ready to go, it is a popular ride and others may want to join.
                      I do this route at least couple times a year, but mostly weekdays.

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                        Yes Morris Valley Road is access to the FSR. Ride time is variable.... bike, style, traffic conditions. Allow the day for the loop. Take your time if you are ahead of schedule.
                        A group ride is bieng planned when I learn of bridge replacement date.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustic View Post

Yes Morris Valley Road is access to the FSR. Ride time is variable.... bike, style, traffic conditions. Allow the day for the loop. Take your time if you are ahead of schedule.
                          A group ride is bieng planned when I learn of bridge replacement date.
                          Thanks Everyone for the feedback - all good info. MtB, do you stick to weekdays to avoid overly busy weekend traffic on the Harrison FSR? Good to know if so, because if it's anything like summer weekend traffic on Squamish Main/Elaho I understand why. Unfortunately my work typically limits me to weekend riding. Regardless I will wait for posted info on bridge and look forward to getting something organized one way or another - appreciate the updates.

Comment

Thanks Everyone for the feedback - all good info. MtB, do you stick to weekdays to avoid overly busy weekend traffic on the Harrison FSR? Good to know if so, because if it's anything like summer weekend traffic on Squamish Main/Elaho I understand why. Unfortunately my work typically limits me to weekend riding. Regardless I will wait for posted info on bridge and look forward to getting something organized one way or another - appreciate the updates.
                            Stevno... Harrison West (I don't remember the new native language name it has been given) is a major haul road and as a result can be busy with logging trucks weekdays. So it's commercial traffic weekdays but they at least at radio controlled (misnomer) and you can hear them coming if you have a big radio (mine is wired into helmet) or wose maybe are the weekend 4x4 crowd that drive too fast cut corners and often are packed.

Reource Road Radio is available to the general public now as opposed to the old company owned systems if you an more info on that come to the Flat tire social.

Ride safe

Comment

Anyone have a update on the bridge that is (was) washed out, wife and I are thinking to head up to the hot springs tomorrow for a soak on the 1190.

Comment

Working...
                              X