07-08 DR 650 aftermarket exhaust

RocketMan

New member
What exhaust works the best for waking up the power on a DR 650, and what kind of jetting mods would you use?. Thanks.
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

XR650R --> DR650



U getting old? ;)



Remove the snorkel in the air box and either shim the needle or buy a new one that is adjustable. Then buy the 14tooth front sprocket.



Put heavier oil in the forks and a 1" spaceronder the capsand pre-load the rear spring a whole bunch.



I moded the muffler on mine.



edit: And buy higher bars :ted:
 

Buck

Moderator
imported post

imported post

FMF Q2 or Supertrapp IDS, FMF headpipe, air box mod, dynojet kit with 160 main,high flow air filter. Really wakes it up.
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

When I had my DR650 I had the Supertrapp, really made the engine work nice down in the low rpms, no more stalling. It worked great.

Only thing is the pipe was over the 96db requirement for any organised off road event......waayyy over. So I had to put the stock muffler back on.

I now ride the G650 with a Leo Vince, almost half the weight of the stock muffler and meets the 96db requirement with the quite core insert. With the track insert it sound s real cool and reaches 120+db. Dont notice any low end improvement, but the engine will rev out faster.

I would recommend any aftermarket exhuast, just make sureit meets the sound requirements for the riding you intend on doing.
 

bkoz

Member
I know this is a little late but I think the ultimate muffler for the DR650 is the GSXR muffler. Use this midpipe:
http://www.kientech.com/DR650GSXRExaust.htm
And add a stock 01-03 GSXR 600/750 exhaust can or a 01-02 GSXR 1000 can. The GSXR1000 can is the one to get because it is titanium and only weighs about 4lbs. It is quiet but sounds great and DOES NOT NEED REPACKING! Good stuff.
 

tobster

New member
Im very late here, but for what its worth, avoid the Hindle pipe for the DR at all costs, the pipe will bottom out and hit your swingarm if you go over any kind of decent bump/jump. Ive been battling with Hindle about this and they have finally admitted that they got the design wrong, IMHO buy your self a FMF power core and put in the quiet insert, has worked well for me and with a dynojet kit (160) and airbox mod.
 
Top