2008 Trans Alp

Buck

Moderator
imported post

imported post

Looks more like a horny street bike than an adventurer though.
 

klrman

New member
imported post

imported post

Does look a little gay, but a German Magazine tested it and said it does better in the dirt than on the street. They also said how surprised they were with the engine performance giving the low HP rating. Too bad Honda just sugars things up and doesnt go all out to make the ultimate killer adventurer.
 

bajaman

New member
imported post

imported post

The new Bmw 800 or the ktm 990...look way cooler:tup:.This looks like a Suzuki v stom with Honda stickers on it.
 

klrman

New member
imported post

imported post

bajaman wrote:
The new Bmw 800 or the ktm 990...look way cooler:tup:.This looks like a Suzuki v stom with Honda stickers on it.
Be careful or I'll target with my Strom :D The Strom is much tougher than most people think. I just tuned mine and it runs scary fast and is much more capable off road than it looks.
 

deuce

New member
imported post

imported post

Honda has really blown it by not selling this bike in North America. More money is cruisers I guess.
 

klrman

New member
imported post

imported post

Cruisers and crotch rockets are where the money is, so that is where the flow goes, and besides that, many Japanese manufacturers are a little timid about introducing a high end do it all adventurer DP bike in fears of hurting their cruiser/sport bike markets. In a way I actually see their point. We have a tour business and are careful not to compete against ourselves and collapse our own markets. It is sad though as in a hearbeat, Japan could put out a bike that would make us all drool for years to come if they wanted too.
 
B

banjopete

Guest
imported post

imported post

Cruiser and crotch rockets also are almost all pushing well over the 10g's price range. Now that everyone's acclimatized to the higher recreational vehicle prices why go backwards and introduce cheaper, entry level (price point purely) type bikes.

I get it, but I don't get it. The market is there for DP's but I wonder where the numbers need to be in order for them to bring these bikes in. Sorry for the mini jack.

I think the transalp looks like a bandit with with standard laced wheels. Also what's with the plastic looking covers, those won't last.
 

bmw rocke

Member
imported post

imported post

I also wonder why Honda hasn't brought this bike to Canada. They are everywhere in Europe. What would it take to put a few on a boat and send them over? When I was in Switzerland I couldn't believe all the cool bikes they have that are not here. I think the only thing we have that they don't is an abundance of Harley's:shoot::(. All of the manufacturers seem tohave models that have never been seen on this side of the pond.

Does anyone know how hard it would be to import a bike like this??

Rocke
 

klrman

New member
imported post

imported post

I used to think they don't import many of those bikes because of our Weather, but then, I used to live for 7 years in Austria and Germany and the weather there is just as crappy as ours and the roads are plain flooded with every DP bike imaginable. I read somewhere that the DP bike is the king of all bikes in Germany as far as sales go and we all know that is just not true of North America. Maybe there just is not the great demand overall around here to make the manufactures take note. That would be my guess anyway.

If it is on the list of bikes that can be imported into Canada, then it shouldn't be too hard. Does not cost much to get one shipped over here on a crate.
 
Top