5thgear Crash cage and headlight protector for BMW 800

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
We've been building crash cages , 12 bars for stunt bikesw for years. So why not make one for a BMW
 

Attachments

  • bmw front.jpg
    bmw front.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

left side
 

Attachments

  • bmw left.jpg
    bmw left.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

right side
 

Attachments

  • bmw right.jpg
    bmw right.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

there joined in the middle, strong as all hell www.5thgear.ca
 

Attachments

  • bmw right back.jpg
    bmw right back.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

$120 headlight protector

$350 Cage installed . Can ad on mounts for lights no problem
 
B

BrettG

Guest
imported post

imported post

Do you know ifthey (both the cage and the light protector) will fit on the new F650? I'd assume they're identical at the mounting points.

Brett.
 

BMWNut

Member
imported post

imported post

The factory crash bars and engine guard are the same for the 650 and 800.

Brian
 

bcgser

New member
imported post

imported post

I would buy a headlight guard if 5th gear left out the wire mesh . I woulld rather mount a piece of lexan

Maybee make two kinds, one with mesh, and one without mesh, but with 4 very small tabs with small holes to mount lexan
 

5thgear

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

We could build it with Lexan, The only disadvantage with lexan is dirt builds up behind it.
 

BMWNut

Member
imported post

imported post

5thgear wrote:
We could build it with Lexan, The only disadvantage with lexan is dirt builds up behind it.

A few customers with Lexan style head light guards say there is a lot of reflection back off the guard at night. In fact the factory one has "Off-road use only" cast into it.

Brian
 
imported post

imported post

i got the skid plate from BMW! Is Touratech made!
About the crash bars.... i test them twice ! Once un the street with about 30 km/h and once off road at about 60 km/h! Not even a scratch on the plastics!
Worth every penny!!!
Thanx Bill and Rudy:hb: (5th Gear)
 

ToadRide

New member
imported post

imported post

I too would go for a lexan headlight shield. I've seen velcrow mounted ones that easily come off for cleaning. For me that's the ticket. I just feel the wire cage is too obtrusive and may even cut down on the heaqdlight illumination. And if there is back reflection from the lexan, perhaps a cowl could be fitted?
 
Top