Anyone know anything about KDX 200 / 220?

Tazz

New member
Looking to purchase a 90% trail bike that I can insure.

Any stories good and bad about these bikes.?

Looking at 2002 / 2003.

Thanks:

All are too stinkin tall.......:mb:
 
imported post

imported post

YYJ5328557.1.jpg


OR THIS !!!!
 

Tazz

New member
imported post

imported post

I would have one if I could get a knobbie on it.

Cheeky dog:mb:
 

bmw rocke

Member
imported post

imported post

I don't know if you are able to plate a KDX or not.



What I do know about the KDX 200 or 220 is that it is one of the best trail bikes ever made. These things are bullet proof as far as the motors go. If you contact Fredette racing you should be able to get setup suggestions for either model.

You will find that the 220 has a 2mm smaller carb than the 200 came with. They did this to improve bottom end power. The 220 really falls on its face if you try to rev it in stock form. If you put on an aftermarket pipe and silencer along with boring the carb it really wakes the bike up.

The 200 also wakes up with a better pipe and silencer. The carb does not need to be changed on the 200. Some 3 stage reeds and opening up the air box will help the motor breath better.

Depending on your size and riding style the suspension might need some work. Both bikes are on the soft side from the factory. This is great if you are just trail riding and not racing. The engine and suspension work well together for long comfy days in rough trails. You will need to upgrade the springs and valving if you want to race but these bikes will still never like whoops or deep sand.



Make sure you completely remove the swing arm and bushings and grease everything. For some reason the KDX seems to be very vulnerable here.

All in all the KDX is a real winner for a trail bike. I even raced a 200 to some wins in the PNWMA junior class many years ago.:D

Rocke.
 

Tazz

New member
imported post

imported post

Can anyone tell me the difference from the 200 and the 220?

Obvious cc's

220 cc = smaller carb.

Any other relavant changes thru the years?

Still looking: :f:
 

speedyxr

New member
imported post

imported post

http://cranbrook.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/792915360.html

I know this is an old post but I just bought this one this weekend. The guy already had it converted to dual sport with the baja kit. I really didn't need another bike but it was way too good a deal to pass up. Also I used to race KDX's in the hare scramble series quite a few years ago so I have a soft spot for them.
 

Tazz

New member
imported post

imported post

Very nice, I bought the 220 and piped it. Great fun.:clap:
 
Top