CRF230F Dual sport conversion

Roadfury

New member
Hey guys, So I've got a '05 CRF 230, and I'm wanting to convert it to a dual sport. I've never had a dual sport before so I've got a few questions.

First of all, the kit im looking at is the Baja Designs one, does anyone have any pictures of one installed, any comments? Anything elseI have to add to the kit besides the Tires?

Secondly, What would be the best tires for it? This will be my first roadbike, but not my first offroad one. I have a lot of experiance offroad on this bike, so the kind of tires I want would be about 50/50 on-road/off-road

Thirdly,Do I have to take it down and get it inspected? Also, as far as insurance goes, how much am I looking at? If anyone has one on the road in BC?

Thanks a lot,

Mark
 

Roadfury

New member
imported post

imported post

PS. Where can I pick up the Baja kitfor the least expense, including shipping to Langley
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

I picked up a 2006 CRF230 for the kid, it had a ds kit already installed. The fellow wanted it back so sold it without the kit.

I heard the charging out put could barley handle the 35 watt headlight, tail light and signal lights.



I clocked the bike last weekend at 105kph , and that was on a bit of a down hill, don't think it had much more.

Would be prety good as an in-town'r though:tup:



If your going to ride it off-road mostly , then get a DOT tire that is mostly dirt...what ever looks like a knobie.



Nice little bikes, wish I had 2:ted:
 

yamafan

New member
imported post

imported post

Better get your wallet ready. My son and I checked out the same thing for his 230. All togeather it was going to be about $1000. DOT Tires, speedo, lights, horn, metal tank(if you can find one), upraded electric....... and on and on. You do need to have it inspected. Some inspection places are harder to pass than others. Talk to an inspection faclity first and see exactly what they want, or better yet, sell the 230 and step up to a good used DRZ 400 or other true dual sport.
:hb:
 

baxter650

New member
imported post

imported post

3D Cycle had a 230 with a kit installed on their floor that i don't see any more so it must have sold. They are now an inspection fac. as well, call them.
 
C

CRF450mad moto

Guest
imported post

imported post

I've done my CRF450R, the low down is just squeaking it by DOT inspection, that is $80 to $100....

Dave @ Gnarly Parts ( 604-676-0521) has all the goodies for allot less, if you wanna stay away from the overpriced Baja Kit

Also SuperMoto located Pender Powell (604-255-3323) is open now I think and is putting a complete kit together, they were sick of the overpriced Baja.

Running tail light with brake light, folding mirror ( left side ), pressure sensor for the front only required ( check the pitch of your banjo bolt!, as this will replace the existing)horn, barmount switch controler, high beam indicator, front light with high low beam and turn signal that NOT 100% sure if required but i put some on...you'll need a relay for the turn signals, Dave at Supersport or bent bike in Langley might help.

Battery was a place South of Hastings down Boundary 2 blks on the left, they put Nic Hydrid AA's in a pack of 10 for 30+$$ cheap... if required..... Go to www.bajadesigns.com for a really good wiring diagram.

Your plastic tank is fine, mine passed no prob.
 
Top