DRz400 rear fender replacement

Revnelli

New member
I have a yellow rear fender to replace the green on my kawazuki. But I'm holding back because there's a wire going thro a hole in the fender which looks awkward to play with, and the manual is no help. Anyone done this replacement?
 

Revnelli

New member
Ok Here's the existing wires (circled in red) passing through a hole in the rear fender. No sign of connectors near the hole.

wires in rear fender1.jpg

My thought -if I get round to doing this - is to cut a hole in the fender to remove the wires without disconnecting them. You can see this in the picture of the replacement fender - cut marked in blue

wires in rear fender2.jpg

But if there's a connector block near - or if I'm missing something please let me know :)

(Yes I know this is all slightly clutsy. - but it's a kawazuki not a BMW ;-) )
 

250ccforme

Member
There are usually connectors in that area. It won't be a connector block though, rather several "bullet" connectors. Take a real close look and feel for thicker sections in the wires, those will be the connectors. Get a good light in there, take the rear wheel off, if you need to, to improve access/visuals.
 
Top