Good Deal?

snackdaddy

New member
First time posting, have an opportunity to buy a brandnew 2005 DRZ 400s for 6400 no freight no PDI. Is that a Good Deal?

Does the Bike have similar power to a 2000 Honda 650 dualsport?

If I do get it what should my first upgrade be? Thanks
 

Summitteer

New member
imported post

imported post

Hi, some things for the drz400s that most consider a must:
skid plate
cfc case savers (you can find those on thumpertalk i think)
a clarke tank for longer range.

Hope that helps

Scott
 
S

Starbucks

Guest
imported post

imported post

Depends on which 650. Most likely it will have more horsepower but less torque.

Power is the least of your concerns on a dualsport bike.

read this first:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/08january03suzuki2003drz400s.html

http://drz.info/drz/

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

If you want to have a street legal mountain bike for zipping around town, don't bother modding a thing. If you want to ride dualsport, you'll need to spend a lot of extra bucks.

Start in this order

1) armor the body: boots, helmet, gloves, goggles, etc...

2) armor the bike: New bars, skid plate, case savers, handguards

3) New tires, new tubes, rimlocks

4) remove all excess junk / weight

5) steering damper

6) jetting / exhaust

7) suspension work if needed -- should be a higher priority but I love the suspension bone stock.
 

snackdaddy

New member
imported post

imported post

Took it for a test drive on tuesday, thought it was great, revs real nice. My financing has gone through with Suzukiwill pick up the bike next week.



thanks for the advice
 

bmw rocke

Member
imported post

imported post

Good for you!! I think the DRZ is a great bike and you should be really happy with it. A big plus is that a lot of people on this site have the same bike so teck info is easy to come by. Also if you want to ride with the dsbc group the bike will fit right in. ROCKE
 
I

IanB

Guest
imported post

imported post

$6400 is a pretty good deal - I gues the season is moving on for the dealers.

To give you a comparison, I couldn't get mine for any less than $7000 in April.

Good:clap: luck with it
 
Top