I have both SM610 and a XChallenge 650 which do I keep !!!

Tbone

New member
OK I just bought an XChallenge .. YYEEE HHaaa but Im 5'8" and the height and weight have already scared me a little . Also noticed the front rotor has the LITTLEST ding in it , so small you can heardly see it but BAM I have front brakes that will scare the poop out of you !!! they pulse like nothing I have ever seen .
My last beef is the cold starts ... I had to start the bike 5 time before it decide ,OK I will keep runing this time . Now I LOVE the bikes cruising abilit but please help me fix the rest. I just bought a lower seat and a new disc but i need to chat with a fellow BMW owner to fix a few other bugs or ... I do have dirt wheels for the SM610 , I could just keep that ?? I do LOVE the reliability of the BMW .... HELP !!

Allen
604-999-8433
Call me and help please
 

Attachments

  • 3m83o03l85P15S35R198t11bdf7d6aba91349.jpg
    3m83o03l85P15S35R198t11bdf7d6aba91349.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 0

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Only one solution to a bent rotor, buy a new one. The brakes are great on this bike

My bike occationally stalls about 30 seconds after start up but thats it. Still running that stock air filter?

I have about 20,000 kms on my X and have had few problems, you have probably been to my thread

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=5452&forum_id=9&highlight=tomcycle+bmw

Havent updated it for a while:(spending too much time riding

Tom
 

deuce

New member
imported post

imported post

You might just need a new battery. My wife's BMW 650 CS would not start once the temps got below 5c. The battery had 3 dead cells!! Of course it took 2 dealers to figure this out after being told twice to do a load test on the battery.
 
G

grotox

Guest
imported post

imported post

the finest ride,i have a cold start stall now that was never there before. first 15seconds,like a carb bike,i better check if my air filter is clean,inever tire of this bike
 
F

franhoser

Guest
imported post

imported post

two totatlly unbiased opinions :p
 
O

old trials guy

Guest
imported post

imported post

Sellthem both in and step up to a Sherco:dr:



:Stirotg
 

North

Active member
imported post

imported post

Keep the Bike that puts the biggest smile on your face when you ride it.

By the way this works for what women to keep too! :tup:
 

Tbone

New member
imported post

imported post

I rode the BMW to Goldbridge on the last weekend and I must say it is GREAT on the road. Just needed a new front rotor to enjoy the gravel .
 

eagleguy

New member
imported post

imported post

It may be the battery, recalls are a joke, but I found out there was a problem with original Exides, so they gave me a new Yusas(sp?) I will try and call you onskype as I am in Oregon these days.
 

trout

Member
imported post

imported post

You have a dilemma that most men would dream about. Battery seems like a good place to start. Also, make sure that you wait about 5 seconds after turning the key on before starting the bike and also hold the start button for 2 seconds after the bike has started. You can hold the start button forever on the XChallenge. This helped my cold start problem. Replace the rotor. Sell the 610 and ride the XChallenge for a year. You can always buy another 610 but you can't always buy another XChallenge. Give a good chance and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I wasn't.
 

Attachments

  • Flat Pass_2009.JPG
    Flat Pass_2009.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 0

Tbone

New member
imported post

imported post

Well here is the latest
I brought the BMW to the dealer for warranty work and I must have came on a good day because I was VERY impressed with the way they dealt with me !! NOW that was on October 15th I think. It is now December 17th and I haven't seen my bike. I called them to see what was going on and I must have woken someone because they then realized the parts were not coming. They say they needed a new air box and a new cam cover and no one had one .. ?? OK now is this the norm ??
I will keep you posted or you can talk shop with me at the bike show. I will be helping out at the Gnarly parts booth on Saturday

Allen
 

Tbone

New member
imported post

imported post

They think the stalling problem is from the air box . I must say if thats it and they fix the bike I will be there loyal customer for ever !! Thats the last thing I thought it would have been. I must admit it would be hard to strut your stuff and look good if BMW doesn't have there back and get them the parts in time. All I care about is seeing how this bike does for the next year or so and then I will get my 800 .... go big or go home !

 
Top