info about 2000 gs 650 beemer

04klr

Well-known member
info about 2000 gs 650 beemer

Help please all you beemerheads, a buddy of mine is thinking of buying a 2000 gs 650 thru craigslist, asking price 5000, 20k miles, no extra farkles i think, are there any known issues with this model?? I vaguely recall a year (series of years?) that had injection issues?, thanks ahead of time
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

First thing I would do is check the blue book price http://www.kbb.com/if it is in the states use zip code 98205.

If your friend is thinking about off roading with this machine he should be aware that it is really heavy. I have ridden with guys with the 650 and they all seem to love their bikes, superb road manners. IMO the BMW 650 is a refined KLR and every bit as capable.

Back to the old story what kind of riding are you planing on doing

Tom
 

04klr

Well-known member
imported post

imported post

He's down in the big smoke where you are, using it primarily as a comutator with gravel capabilities, vancouver craigslist, the b book is supposedly 4500-5500. I see on this site a 2008klr with 450k for 6 grand maybe a better deal?
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Nothing wrong with the KLR, but there is no comparison between the two bikes other than they are single cylinder 650's. You can tell that I will be a bit bias by my avatar.
 

BMWNut

Member
imported post

imported post

04klr wrote:
Help please all you beemerheads, a buddy of mine is thinking of buying a 2000 gs 650 thru craigslist, asking price 5000, 20k miles, no extra farkles i think, are there any known issues with this model?? I vaguely recall a year (series of years?) that had injection issues?, thanks ahead of time
There were some injection issues with the early 650s but it should have been fixed years ago with a software update.
 
Top