imported post
imported post
dan627 wrote:
thanks guys ,this does look like a good product and the price is right as well, how does it hold up after a few cleanings ? my stock filter is allready seperating after only one cleaning trying to squeeze all the oil out ! but it will still make a good filter for between cleanings.
I have had mine in my DR400 for a year now and it cleans up super EZ and looks like new, my bike now has about 20,000 kms and the filter has been used for about 12,000 kms. Lots of dust and mud.
One reminder though, you must let the oil dry before riding your bike. The filter oil is water soluble and can not be cleaned with solvents or gas, so if you put the filter in your bike and go for a ride before the oil drys you will get a sticky goo in the carb.
I have had a K&N filter in my DR650 for the last couple of Baja trips but thisyear I am going to run the No Toil. The K&N is to hard to clean and last year got so dusty in one day that the bike did not want to run. By the end of the trip the dust had turned to concrete and the filter had to be turfed, expensive.
If you want to order anything from the store email me at
[email protected] or phone 604.724.2425 and I will get you the best pricing.
Tom Timmerman